Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess the crossbreed!!!

Options
  • 16-02-2008 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

I was just thinking, this might be interesting!

Post a photo of your crossbreed dog/cat and the rest of us have a guess what breed the parents are!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

I don't exactly know what breed his father was but ye can guess what his mother was anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

oooh, this is my favourite game lol!
    i'd guess jack russell x pom/papillion/beagle??? hmmmm, how tall is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

i'm guessing either collie x beagle or collie x Jack russell?

he's knee high and hint is he is the same colours as his mother but doesn't really look much like her except for his large eyes..... mother is a purebred btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

Springer maybe? Or a Cavalier King Charles? Though Cavaliers are smaller than knee high unless he has daddy's height!

• Advertisement

yep, his mother was a cavalier! I wouldn't believe it myself unless I saw him and his siblings just after they were born lol. I don't know what happened to the ears! as I said I don't know for sure what his dad was but I'd say some sort of bull breed like a staffie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

LuckyStar wrote: »
    Post a photo of your crossbreed dog/cat

I did not know dogs and cats could inter breed!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,035 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cowzerp wrote: »
    I did not know dogs and cats could inter breed!!

Not common, but it can happen :D

catdog2.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Rodney Trotter

Does anyone know if a bitch is in heat, can she be serviced by more than one dog? Would that result in different cross-breed pups in the same litter?

(I know sows stay in heat for a couple of days and are normally serviced three times by three different boars, in farms)

Reason being, we have a rescue dog who's the cut off a springer spaniel (he's short-haired), however he has a sibling, from the same litter, who's smaller, completely black and very hairy (long-haired).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 mollyoh

This is my puppy he is lovely i know i am guessing there is a bit of a labrador but what else he has a white tip on his tail.

• Advertisement

omg he is beautiful! where did you get him?

as for his breed:

lab/collie x gsd/rottie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

IMAG0055800x600.jpgIMAG0053800x600.jpgIMAG0050800x600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Yes, there can be more than one father of a litter of pups. I have seen litters that had to have at least three fathers.

I do think this sort of game can be a little pointless. Often one parent is purebred but if one parent is also a crossbreed it can really confuse things. All very well if you know both parents, but otherwise you can have a bit of fun guessing, but best not to get too caught up in it. They're all fab anyway.

If you want have a go at this guy.

IMAG0015.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 mollyoh

Thanks kerrygold. He was found wondering around my friends estate for days soaking wet:(.. So I took him in and put posters up and contacted all pounds etc but no-one claimed him. Vet reckons as I do that he was part of a large litter and was abandoned. I agree with lab/ collie mix alright!

a lucky find anyway, he's a little beauty!

carwash, maybe border terrier x scottie? he adorable! <3

Advertisement