Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My wow is fooked!

Options
  • 16-02-2008 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭

Hey peeps,
    In one way this is a pc trouble shooting question but its also kinda related to wow being broke.
    If its in the wrong place mods please move it :D

My wow crashed and said common.mpq was corrupt. So i ran the blizzard repair and that claims the amount of data needed to fix wow is too big so please re-install. Upon trying to re-install i get an error message
    34003184gf2.th.jpg
    Through all my trys to get wow to install i get the same error but with a different file each time and also at different % of the install.

i done some googling and did fine some stuff about it. What i have done so far is.
    Copied the entire contents of all wow and burning crusade disks to my HDD and install from a folder (still get the error).

On the thought that it might be my HDD having bad sectors etc.. i put another drive into my pc and tried to install onto that and still got the error.

I switched out my RAM sticks and tried all of the above with each stick and still got errors.

I ran chkdsk /r several times and it finds no problems on the disk.

I even resort to formatting my drive, re-installing windows and doing everything from scratch, and i still get the errors.

I also ran memtest on all my ram and there is no faulty ram.

At this stage im at a complete loss of what to try next.

Any advice from people about this would be greatly appreciated! im already developing a twitch from wow withdrawal :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Can you copy a friends wow dir over from their pc to yours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

Anti wrote: »
    Can you copy a friends wow dir over from their pc to yours ?

Had thought of that as i read a few peeps saying the problem may actually be with my cd's. Now i dont know how that could be possible as ive used them loads of times.
    No way i can really copy a mates wow to my machine atm, best i can probs do is get my hands on his cd's and try install with them. Or when i get to work monday i can download wow from blizzard and install from that.

Hmmmm actually, i could probs take my drive to my mates house, hook it up to his machine then head home and connect it back up. Lot of driving though :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Sounds like you might have a corrupted hard drive...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ivan wrote: »
    Sounds like you might have a corrupted hard drive...

i was thinking that aswell, but since i tried install it to another drive and got the same problems and a chkdsk /r didnt find any problems im kinda reluctant to go with the dodgy drive option.

Small update though, i cleared out the registry of anything to do with wow and tried a fresh install. So far i have wow installed and bc installed and currently downloading updates. But previously i had got this far and the error popped up during the patching.
    But since this is a fresh windows install and a clean registry i will see in about 2 hours if it gets going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

It looks like to me that the disks have become damages, either download via blizzard, get a mate to stick it on an ipod and transfer it over and just throw on your interface or burn it via a couple of cd'rs

• Advertisement
Advertisement