Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New turntable, or not?

Options
  • 16-02-2008 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm looking to record LPs onto mp3.
    I have an old Technics SL-BD26 here, I think it needs a new needle and cartridge, as it's old, and looks damaged.
    Would I be better off buying a new turntable, or just a needle and cartridge for this?
    Anyone tried those USB turntables, they look fairly crap. Big plastic-y Ion ones, seem to get decent reviews though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Well the technics is a grand turntable, but if its actually damaged as opposed to just the stylus dead ? (why would the cart also be dead?) then maybe a new one is on the cards.

If you decide to go for a new usb turntable, go for the Numark one. not Ion, its based on their belt drive TT series and have heard they are pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Cheers, I ended up getting a Sony turntable for very cheap, it has a preamp built in.
    Any recommendation for what soundcard to get? All I have is a laptop, so it would have to be USB. Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX USB 24Bit External Sound Card lloks decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Would you sell the bogey technics one?

Advertisement