Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

287m Asl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Man, that's sweet a bungalow with an upstairs, views of the mountains and steam shower woot. Throw some snow in and its a deal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Ooohh that is very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Asking price?

I would guess that despite the slight house price fall,you wouldnt have change out of 500k!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i'm on it. no price is too much:D

• Advertisement

i'm on it. no price is too much:D

.... for snow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Feel sorry for those height paupers....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭arctictree

Apparently asking price is 650K!

That doesn't surprise me.
    House prices in Wicklow town,which is actually a longer commute to Dublin are of the order of €450k for smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

A bargain at 650k ..where did I put my chequebook!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

So the price goes up the higher you go

Well it depends.
    I had a look at myhome.ie

This one is also about 900ft or more asl.
    Thats Croghan in the background if you scroll to the 2nd pic.,which is just shy of 2000ft asl and about 2 miles from it.
    You'd get plenty of snow around that area.It's also very beautifull with the river Bann near by.

In normal driving conditions,it's about a 15 min drive or less from the Gorey bypass.
    Thats €525k

A little nearer civilisation this one overlooks the village of kilanerin and is just on the snow line in marginal conditions (ie it has snow settling when say Gorey or Arklow has sleet/icy rain) at about 500ft asl about 3 miles down hill from the other one.
    It's a tad dearer.
    I prefer the first one though for location alone!

I like the first one you posted BB. Nice big garden and seems good value. There is very little garden on the one near me. I'd say the proximity to Dublin is affecting the price a lot (rather than the elevation!). I don't work in Dublin but if we needed to buy a house we'd be competing with commuters around here.

A

If I had 525K the first one would be mine in a heartbeat - nice and big, lots of garden space and of course the cold height!

I've tried looking for high places in north Wexford but don't know the areas so never seem to be able to find what I'm looking for.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Longfield shur next time you are looking,pop me a pm.

Theres a vein of ground west of Gorey running for 15 miles or so right up to Just south of Ballycoogue(above that village running along a public road towards aughrim) near woodenbridge all above 600ft and close to or above 1000ft asl
    Theres one house I'd love to have got my hands on that must be about 1200ft asl or more.
    It was sold a couple of years ago.

The highest house we could find on a search of wicklow a while back is at 390M = 1279ft. Here is the google maps link:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.109284,-6.226641&spn=0.001526,0.005021&t=h&z=18

We did a very thorough search and there are very few houses above about 320M. Its a lovely spot, right in the middle of balinastoe woods. You cant see it on the link but it also has a kind of round tower turret facing east. Some lovely sunrises there I'd say.

A

Theres 3 houses up a laneway,well hidden on the hill north east adjoining croghan.They are actually in co wicklow(Croghan mt is just on the border,it's peak is in co wicklow,but the bulk of the mt is in wexford. It's the house at the top of of the lane,I was referring to,that was sold a few years ago.
    I don't want to exactly identify where it is but it would be at a guess circa 12 or 1300ft asl.I'll bring a gps the next time I stray up that way and get an exact height.

All the area I'm refering to is about 5 to 10 miles max inland from the Irish sea.
    That house would be only about 6 miles from Arklow actually.

I'd be very interested to see if there is a higher house than the one Arctictree mentioned, we thought it might be the highest in Ireland.

Would be worth a drive tomorrow (I usually go for a spin on Sunday's) to nosey around the area :D

Found one for you longfield.

Guaranteed regular snow.

Here's todays forecast for instance :D

Found one for you longfield.

Guaranteed regular snow.

Here's todays forecast for instance :D

Perfect!, the commute to work in the mornings will be a bit tough though!

I went for a spin this morning down to Knockananna which is apparently the second highest village in Ireland (its about 200 metres asl) and there are houses there in my price range. Unfortunately the village seems to be stuck in a 70's time warp, was pretty dour.
    On the way back passed through Aughrim which blew me away, its a really pretty town. Of course its too low down to interest me though so not a contender!

• Advertisement

Longfield wrote: »
    On the way back passed through Aughrim which blew me away, its a really pretty town. Of course its too low down to interest me though so not a contender!
    Ah but just before the turn left into Aughrim village,turn right and then left.
    Up,up,you go...
    Through the crossroads and continue on up,up up.
    Theres a road to the left then signposted Ballycoogue.
    Pass that and continue up,up up,There are houses up there at about a 1000ft or more..
    You're at a fair height then and you've gone about 3 miles.
    Ballycoogue is about 600ft or more also if you take that left

All joking aside.
    How about this one
    That is a snow certainty and at about 8 or 900ft.
    I can see that from where I live and the views from there out over the Irish sea are amazing.

All joking aside.
    How about this one
    That is a snow certainty and at about 8 or 900ft.
    I can see that from where I live and the views from there out over the Irish sea are amazing.
    That one be a gift BB for lightning spotting out over the sea or watching our infamous bay of biscay storms arriving from the south.Snow be a bonus.

Yeah I have a friend lives slightly higher up on that road and they have some view!
    It is a very wintry location.They often have snow when we have sleet or rain.
    The snowline is often at Ballyfad which is only about 500ft asl.There is a fair climb up to Glenogue and beyond.Croghan mt overlooks it behind about 2 miles away.
    The scenery photo does not show it's height very well though.
    Standing on that road is like looking out from a plane as the drop grades a bit but then is quite sudden/steep.

It sounds great, and those views are amazing, wish I could afford it ..
    Oh well, just going to continue saving, the right one will come along and am in no hurry to move from Annamoe anyhow.

Just come up for sale now:

www.daft.ie/1415350

Bit pricey, but at circa 400M, one of (if not the) highest in Ireland!!

A

Nice house, click with the €uro millions tonight and it could be your's. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Hal1 wrote: »
    Nice house, click with the €uro millions tonight and it could be your's. ;)

Lots off house,s for sale in the dublin mountains area at the moment, LOts been on sale for nearly 2 years. Wait till the budget hits in the new year...we,ll see if prices tumble further. Im waitng. Nice house for sale in glencree, also some land for 220. Look at daft, wicklow section.

Kippure wrote: »
    Lots off house,s for sale in the dublin mountains area at the moment, LOts been on sale for nearly 2 years. Wait till the budget hits in the new year...we,ll see if prices tumble further. Im waitng. Nice house for sale in glencree, also some land for 220. Look at daft, wicklow section.

Was looking there a few mins ago after Artcitree's post and seen a fare few reasonably priced in Avoca. I would be more interested in a bit of land and doing a ECO self build. Preferably hilly and exposed to the elements. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Here, 300, An eco house should cost you no more then 100k, Do your home work, do as much as the build yourself. Its all about learning.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=c4&s[a_id]=2459&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[bd_no]=&s[search_type]=sale&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=10&limit=10&search_type=sale&id=374259

Advertisement