Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Route 66 - Mobile 8 S60 V3

Options
  • 16-02-2008 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

I see that Route 66 have updated their S60 Mobile application to Mobile 8 S60 V3 - http://www.66.com/route66/products.php?cid=UK.

I have Mobile 7 working on my Nokia e61 and am very pleased with it, but I'm wondering has anyone tried Mobile 8 and is it worth the upgrade?

Also I presume that you need to have the new versioned maps aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Just got mobile 8 and although its too soon to give a proper review, its looking good so far. Maps are pretty good and its got a couple of roads that I wasn't expecting to find,so I'm pretty happy.I'm using it on a n73 and because of the screen size, it could never fully replace a full sized sat nav, but its handy to have all the same.Never had Mobile 7, so I can't compare. Give it a better review on it soon as I've put it through its paces.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Thanks for the reply - my thread was getting lonely for a time there.

Good to see that you are going to do a review. Route 66 are offering a free 14 day trial for Mobile 8.

From my experience, one of the cool new mapping functions that wasn't on Mobile 7 allows you to view a 'Nearby' function which shows you fuel, atm, attractions, transit etc points in the your vicinity. The mapping is not up to date however, for example the turn-off from the N7 that goes via Grange Castle & Adamstown to Lucan is 'not digitised'. The maps come from Navteq and are 2nd quarter 2007.

Using the e61 as a GPS works well for me due to its large screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Been using this fairly regularly for the last couple of weeks and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it. using it around the west(clare to donegal) and the maps are really good. Like you said manster, the "nearby" function is v.good and has loads of info, with the exception of petrol stations(they seem to be closing down one a week) that turn out to be building sites. Impressed with the address imput as I put in some out of the way places in Connemara, Mayo and Donegal and found them no problem.Also,as long as you have a fairly accurate address in your phone contacts it'll find that as well.that might be a common function but I wasn't expecting it and thought it was really useful. Have to say I havn't had a chance to mess around with some other functions yet but so far so good.

Advertisement