Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value make up?

Options
  • 15-02-2008 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Can anyone offer advice?... can't afford Mac too often....if one wanted value what and where should one look?.
    Thanks
    A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

well id go for dior or mac but as you say your cant afford to..
    so i would try bourjois as its good quality and rimmel can be good too and soo cheap like!!!dont go for boots 17 make up though its terrible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bourjois are supposedly made in a similar way to Chanel make up.
    Spend money on the essentials, don't spend as much on the colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

I would recommend Stila - their stuff lasts forever I bought a load of it this time last year and it's still going.

Check out www.strawberrynet.com it's much cheaper than BT's or anywhere else and you can stock up on the basics for much less.

Pythia wrote: »
    Bourjois are supposedly made in a similar way to Chanel make up.
    Spend money on the essentials, don't spend as much on the colour.
    agreed, they are a good quality... the blushers/lipglosses are my fave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

i like the bourjois range to and as someone already said they have some link to Chanel (they own them or made in the same place ro something)

I find the best thing is just to spend a little extra on the something that you use all the time like foundation. I find the quality is GENERALLY, not always,better..and the better brands sometimes have wider range of colours.

Then use the other cheaper brands for stuff like eyeshadow,pencils etc. I really like the bourjois and 17 eyeshadows and rimmel eye pencils and prestige are meant to have one of the best liquid eyeliners..read that a few times.

Happy Shopping!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

Thanks....about to have laser treatment on my facial hair.....foundation dosen't look quite as good when there's stubble protruding :)..so I look forward to the future.

Has anyone ever had a make over in B-T? Cost me over a hundred Euro with the add on's last year....Great result....but as I said I don't have a spare hundred Euro often!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I would choose Rimmell lipsticks and gloss over any of the posh brands.
    Blusher: is best from Bourjouis.
    Mascara:you cant beat Max Factor masterpiece mascara

None of the cheapo brands do good foundation really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 meremortal

Good luck with the laser!! MAC do makeovers for 25 (may have gone up since I had it done though) and thats a voucher towards a product, you do feel like you have to buy something, I just get a makeover everytime I need new makeup!! Been a while though!! Smashbox are great too, the new chemist opposite grand canal dart station had a sign up a while ago for 15 makeovers...... been meaning to try it. I love Clinique superbalance foundation, eye shadows are rimmel, mascara is GOSH (not delighted with it but its grand), got an amazing paste eyeliner (hard to describe but amazing) from smashbox, sunshimmer matte bronzer is great too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

Thanks to all......I'm looking forward to following your advice!..Laser will be painful...but it's for the best.... My brother asked me if I was converting to Islam when I had a beard...others said that they were worried I would when they say me reading the 'Koran'... Time to shatter to those fears!... Takes about two years to remove a mans facial hair completely..possibly longer.. Women are lucky....shaving is painful...and razors very expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

meremortal wrote: »
    MAC do makeovers for 25 (may have gone up since I had it done though) and thats a voucher towards a product, you do feel like you have to buy something

I got a voucher for this at Christmas.

Is it not minging for people to share make up products, sponges and applicators? I know it's done all the time with make-up artists and at make-up counters but I can't help but wonder.

I'd go nuts if I ended up with an eye infection or a coldsore or something!:eek:

On topic: OP, revlon foundation is good value

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 DangleDevil

From what i've seen they wouldn't go near you with dirty brushs, they use instant cleaners after every use. They'd be very cautious about that kind of thing.

I agree that Mac is the best but I think L'oreal is good for a cheap brand, as far as i know its made by Lancome, its like their cheaper range.
    Max factor foundation is good but its more expensive than you'd think.
    The best mascara EVER (imo) is Maybelline Define-a-lash or Great Lash and they are really cheap.

Or check out that Essence stuff, kids buy that make up cause its really cheap. I wouldn't use the foundations or anything but some of their things aren't bad at all, like eyeliners, lipgloss, false eyelashes.... seriously, around 3 euro!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

try http://www.fyrinnae.com. Lovely mineral makeup, free delivery and pretty cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

Try Everyday Minerals for a day foundation (cheap and better quality mineral makeup).

Makeupalley is a great site for reviews and swapping cosmetics if your low on cash - sounds gross but you clean items with alchohol. Ive been doing it for a while and its a great way of trying stuff without paying for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

Bourjois all the way, I also heard that Chanel rumour. I also LOVE urban decay but it can be pricey. 17 is the worst make up ever! :eek:

Advertisement