Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear Piercing in Dublin

Options
  • 15-02-2008 2:58pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hiya, I'm thinking of getting my ears pierced, and just wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere reliable in the city?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭cassiedoll

convert wrote: »
    Hiya, I'm thinking of getting my ears pierced, and just wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere reliable in the city?
    claire's in the ilac centre...im 26 and got mine done there last year...its was grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

Get it done properly.

Check here for recommended places.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Yesm, whatever you do, don't go to Claire's. Or anywhere that does it with a gun for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Got my first one done (ear rim) yesterday in that place upstairs in the stephens green centre - couldn't recommend it much more; the piercer was very professional and went through all the aftercare and everything with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Don't you dare get your ears done with a gun - its unhygenic and more painful than it need to be. Go to a professional piercing parlor - they'll have sterile needles, and proper aftercare information - Snakebite were always excellent and they'll do a great job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

Speaking of piercings guys I had my belly button done and then had to take it out becuase I was pregnant and my skin was stretching. Anyways is it o.k. just to put it back in myself or will I have to get it re-done. I'm not really sure if the hole is even still there because I don't think it closes up completely, does it? Just wondering if anyone was ever in the same position?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

please please please don't get yer ears pierced in Claires, or anywhere else that will use a gun! Go to a proper piercing studio - Wildcat, Snakebite, V Piercings etc... it will be less painful with a needle, and costs about the same.

Also, Pampers... you can try get the bar back into the piercing. It might be closed up, depending on how long you've had the piercing, and how your body heals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

I'd recommend Widcat upstairs in Stephens green. Very professional

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Thanks for the info guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

I'm thinking of the very same thing, and it just occurred to me - I'm sixteen, would that be a problem? I had my ears pierced before years ago - they've closed up - but my Mam was there, and that wasn't in a piercing place, that was in a chemists' with a gun. I'm convinced about not going the gun route this time, but is it all academic anyway if I'd be too young?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 zemphis

pampers1 wrote: »
    Speaking of piercings guys I had my belly button done and then had to take it out becuase I was pregnant and my skin was stretching. Anyways is it o.k. just to put it back in myself or will I have to get it re-done. I'm not really sure if the hole is even still there because I don't think it closes up completely, does it? Just wondering if anyone was ever in the same position?

It completely varies from person to person if the hole closes up or not or the length of time it takes. I had my belly button pierced for over four years when I had to take it out for an MRI, it was out for less than an hour and it had already began to close up. Whereas other piercings I have taken out for long have remained totally open.

My advice would be to go see a piercer and let them have a look. They will tell you if it has closed up. Even if it's closed up slightly, they may be able to use a taper to open it up again and get a ring/bar in there, which would save going through the whole piercing again. Having the piercer do it would be less traumatic for the piercing as they know what they are doing.

The one issue that can occur with piercings closing up is that you are left with scar tissue which makes it harder to pierce through again. One way to help with this is to massage the piercing /scar tissue with something like bio oil which just helps to break up the scar tissue.

If you are in Dublin, I would highly recommend Snakebite on Middle Abbey Street. They are very good and very professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 zemphis

Thursday* wrote: »
    I'm thinking of the very same thing, and it just occurred to me - I'm sixteen, would that be a problem? I had my ears pierced before years ago - they've closed up - but my Mam was there, and that wasn't in a piercing place, that was in a chemists' with a gun. I'm convinced about not going the gun route this time, but is it all academic anyway if I'd be too young?

I'm not 100% sure but I think if it's just your ears they would probably do it. You may have to have you Mum with you or have written permission from her but a quick ring to the piercer will get you your answer. And you are totally right not to get it done with a gun.

Advertisement