Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UI Addons Question

Options
  • 15-02-2008 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Lads, i installed the RebornUI Hunter pack last night http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/3186/, and im gaving a few issues with it. I know the UI is completly different from the standard one with all the info in the middle in bars. But i would still like to see portraits up on the left hand side, for me and pet aswell as party members. I've gone through the options and cant find much. I do like the timing bars, but there seems to be no way to move them from the middle of my screen. Basicially there is to much spam there, and it makes it hard to see.

Anyone have any ideas of a better UI?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Tbh i wouldn't encourage ui packs,they tend to give you too many mods that i feelare useless.

Just go and download the following mods:

- Grid

Shows everybody in the raid in asmall little square

- Omen

Its threat meter

- Atlasloot enhanced

For looking up loot

Nature enemy cast bar

- Cleans up your buffs and also keeps track of your debuffs/stuns you hit the enemy with, handy for keeping track on when your traps/scatter/wyvern shots will wear off

- Scrolling combat text

I think thats what the mods called, shows all your damge your doing, heals etc

And i myself just use normal spell buttons, but if you want to move them about the pick up:

Bongos

I also encourage getting "Visual heal" its mainly for healers but its also handy for seeing if you have any incoming heals, handy for knowing when to pop a health pot or bandage up.

Everybody in your raid will have to have omen and visual heal to be of use.

Oh and if your raid you willd defo need:

Deadly boss mod

So thats:
    Grid
    Omen
    Atlasloot enhanced
    Nature enemy cast bar
    Bongos
    Scrolling combat text

Visual heal
    Deadly boss mod

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

zhunter + titan bar + some of the above mentioned mods work well enough for me. Omen (or similar) is very important if you're planning on doing any serious instance/raid stuff.

It's still quite close to the Blizzard UI so it mightn't be what you're looking for exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

nesf wrote: »
    zhunter + titan bar + some of the above mentioned mods work well enough for me. Omen (or similar) is very important if you're planning on doing any serious instance/raid stuff.

It's still quite close to the Blizzard UI so it mightn't be what you're looking for exactly.

Cheers lads, thats exactally the info i was looking for. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Oh and Petster. It gives you one single, context sensitive button, that you can drag and have anywhere on screen. Out of combat it's the pet feed button or the call pet button depending on whether your pet exists, in combat it's the heal pet button. Useful just for the feed pet one (you drag and drop the stack of food you use into it initially so it's just one click to feed the pet after that, which is handy).

Cheers, that will come in handy im sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Just a note.

Nature enemy cast bar: according to the info on cure for this add-on, it will not work after 2.4 and they have no plans to develop it.

The reason for this being the major reformatting of how the combat log works/outputs. This is where NECB derives it's info from.

I would also suggest Possessions and ProfessionsBook if you have a couple of alts/banks. Possessions gives you a GUI for checking all you alts bags/bank/equipped, everything. PBook does the same for trade skill surprise, surprise.

Hehe, im gonna have one hell of a spammy ui after all of these :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

jabberwock wrote: »
    Just a note.

Nature enemy cast bar: according to the info on cure for this add-on, it will not work after 2.4 and they have no plans to develop it.

Mine still works 100%

nix wrote: »
    Mine still works 100%

we haven't been hit by patch 2.4.. :) (wow.curse.com details

** OOPS sorry for the mis-information **
    NECB will continue -> WoW Forums

TooManyAddons is a good in game addon manager.
    accessible through Esc menu. Allows you to set "Deafult", "always load these" and toon specific sets of addons. Nice and easy load profile(/reload) as well. :)

Handy for setting up addon profiles for different classes or banking/trading alts. etc

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

If your healer get GRID its damn amazing, i can heal entire PVP raids with this baby, it makes healing as easy as scratching your ARSE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

jabberwock wrote: »
    TooManyAddons is a good in game addon manager.
    accessible through Esc menu. Allows you to set "Deafult", "always load these" and toon specific sets of addons. Nice and easy load profile(/reload) as well. :)

Handy for setting up addon profiles for different classes or banking/trading alts. etc

Does anybody else see the irony in installing an addon to manage your other addons? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

LOL @ pedro

As for GRID I must check it out.

too true... LOL

but it beats having to log out then go to the addons page then log back in just to turn on/off something!! :)

Advertisement