Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need advice on shirts for work!

Options
  • 15-02-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

hey!anyone have any tips on where to by some nice shirts for work??
    that actually fit though!
    most of the ones i try on in shop for my size fit lovely, until i actually try to close the top button!(need to wear a tie!:rolleyes:)
    well if anyone has any advice in where to buy some or if there are places where you can get shirts that fit better than others`it'd be much appreciated!
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Get your neck and chest measured. If its just for work you can just buy the shirts and ties in a pack by these sizes. Watch out for the pins you miss when taking them out of the packet.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Generally, when you find the correct neck size, the arms are too long and the shirt is extremely baggy. A dress shirt is always long too, as it makes it easier to keep it tucked in. As they're usually pre-packed, you've have no way of knowing how good or bad the fit is until it's too late. You'l have to buy by the neck size and some also have a lenght (nape of neck to skirt of shirt). If you find them baggy, select the shorter lenght. Otherwise get your shirts made to order, but that's a bit pricey for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

You might away with buying a shirt that fits your torso, even if the neck is too small. I have exactly the same problem, and just use the tie to keep the collar closed over - nobody notices the difference.

I'd recommend somewhere with a big selection like Arnotts, they should be able to advise you.

Advertisement