Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin map updates...?

Options
  • 14-02-2008 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Just got my nuvi 250w and am wondering when the best time to register it is... from reading the postins Garmin update the maps regularly... Not sure what version i'm running at the moment as my wife is out in the car and I can't check (from memory it is city navigator 2008? or is it 2007?).... anyway should I register the unit now, or wait a few months?

I wish those Garmin people would include a decent instruction book to explain all this..

Cheers

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

The way things are looking, If you have 2008 on it, I would hold off until you need to register for some reason. If you hold off long enough, you might get 2009 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

chrisblack wrote: »
    Garmin update the maps regularly...
    If by regularly, you mean once every year...
    Don't bother registering it, unless you have a reason to do so (repairs, additional mapping products, unlocking a second device (which you can't do anymore anyway) etc..). It might avail you of nothing, but you never know..

All of the Owners manuals are available from their website. But if it's registering/mapping you're wondering about, Garmin would prefer if you registered the device immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jakeyb

Guys, how do u find the map version? I have nuvi 250w and from the settings, I can only see - the following. n/b bought today.

sw version 3.10
    audio version 2.30
    gps sw 3.oos

However, from mygarmin tab after registration > clicking > Mapsource unlock shows the following -
    MapSource® Product
    City Navigator Europe NT 2008 Limited- Deluxe

Code
    xxxxxxxx

Unlock Code
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date Unlocked
    Apr 15, 2008

Lastly, do u use the unlock code for unlocking any order maps?

Cheers

Advertisement