Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabilty and Mortgage Help

Options
  • 14-02-2008 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi there,

I think I am entitled to and will qualify for Disability allowance, however I was just wondering if I would be entitled to any extra payments for help with the mortgage?

I know that if you are renting you get your disability allowance of around E197 per week, and on top of that you can qualify for a rental allowance, but what if you have a mortgage?

I can't really work any longer and I think I'll have to get some sort of disability payment but if I do, I don't see how i'll be able to pay my mortgage and feed myself out of some odd E200 euro per week.

So in short, is there any payment like the rental allowance for home owners with a mortgage and if so what are the rates or could you point me to any websites with info?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Yes, like rent allowance, it is paid by Community Welfare Officer, and is normally about 80% of the interest portion of your mortgage (up to a certain limit).

Advertisement