Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Back - Bin Tags

Options
  • 14-02-2008 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

I pay for my refuse collection with bin tags. Someone told me it was relatively easy to claim tax back online for this, you just log onto the revenue site and enter the bin tag number. I have tried doing this but there only seems to be an option to enter the total paid in certain years. There is also a lack of info (that i could find anyhow). I sent a text o the number for info about 2 days ago and no reply yet.

Can anyone shed any light on this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

You claim the same amount regardless of whether you pay annually or by bin tags (otherwise it would penalise those who recycle and put their bin out less). Technically you should keep reciepts for all your bin tags!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

You claim the same amount regardless of whether you pay annually or by bin tags

This is incorrect. A tax credit is available for services charges (bins, water supply, sewerage disposal) This is a credit at the standard rate (20%) on service charges paid in the previous year. For 2007 the total relief that can be claimed for both fixed charge payments and pay be weight charges is capped at €400.
    Technically you should keep reciepts for all your bin tags!

This is correct.

Ths quickest thing to do is ring the PAYE helpline- give them your PPS number and the amount of charges you paid in 2007 and they will give you a credit. You don't enter the bin tag number online- just the total paid.

Advertisement