Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A pain in my NAD

Options
  • 14-02-2008 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,

I have a Nad C320 and it's switching into safety mode when bass frequencys are played through it. It started happening at higher volumes only but now it happens even if the amp is turned up a little.
    Plug in headphones though and there's no problem at any level. I haven't changed my speakers or anything.
    Weird. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

There might be a problem with the speaker connections, especially as it works fine with headphones. Check the connections, wiring etc. at the back of the amp, or try to test the speakers with a different amp.

Nice thread title...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

the first thing to check, as Bill says, is the speaker cable.
    If the cable attached to the left terminal, or even a loose strand of it, is touching the right terminal then the amp will cut out. This usually happens at the speaker terminal but obviously check the back panel of the amp too. A bit of a tidy up (a Brazilian for your speaker cable) might be all you need to do.

Advertisement