Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Running "Oohh Shiny" ?

Options
  • 14-02-2008 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

As title, (in english) how many of you are running the premium graphics, and if you can specify if you are running more than one client or not also please. :D

Just screwing about with settings today, since i've got the new computer im wondering which I should run, from some people im hearing if you can run premium and set the cache to High you can actually get less graphics lag in any large engagment, obviously the damn server lag takes alot of it, but I'd like to reduce the visual lag I get sometimes. I'm usually running 2-3 clients on classic atm, with 2 of them mostly involved in pvp so the 3rd could still be left on classic if the pvp ones were in premium.

Shiney or not so Shiney? 39 votes

Shiny (Premium graphics)
    0%
    Not Shiny (Classic graphics)
    28%
    azezilzekieljaggehkenclearyGrayareastakeyTyrant^doudcss1Fallen BuckshotVasperious 11 votes
    1 Client
    35%
    Sandrob1891ZillahbizmarkR0oteoin5mamolianxtracdoudkyp_durronSavage MunkyGlippoTrippAns Blix 14 votes
    2 Clients
    12%
    kenclearyZillahGrayareakyp_durronGlippo 5 votes
    3 Clients
    15%
    azezilzekielRekudoudSavage MunkyVasperious 6 votes
    4+ Clients
    7%
    SandMaddzycss1 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

1 Client
    non shiny 3 clients
    shiny! if pvping on 1 client

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

3 Clients
    2 premium clients, second is prone to crashing though as what I'm doing with it and where I'm doing it is incredibly popular and flooded with secure cans and ships at all times (think the cans are the bigger issue though TBH, makes me wish they'd give them a limited lifespan in space or something as I've a strong feeling that half of them are probably either never used*).

*Anyone know about how quickly I could train up a character to effectively use a number of medium smartbombs on a cruiser to solve this issue without risking concorde's response affecting my main characters? Also how many hits from these smartbombs could the secure containers take before popping?*

Think we broke boards.ie...
    4 votes so far, 2 for classic = 66.67%, 1 for 2 = 33.33% and 1 for 4+ = 33.33%
    66.67% + 33.33% + 33.33% = 133.33%

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

4+ Clients
    Multiple choice polls don't add up right.

I usually run two clients on premium but can run three without problems. I've never noticed a difference in laggy battles between classic and prem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

3 Clients
    If its on my PC - shiny
    Laptop - not shiny

Sometimes I run both so both shiny and not shiny at the same time ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

4+ Clients
    Is there any benefit from running classic tbh? I had heard that Premium actually ran better than classic due to technogeek stuff being done better. Could be marketing rubbish though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

3 Clients
    It is marketing rubbish, premium graphics require more RAM and don't always display mining beams from certain ships, where would we be without those mining beams, in a bad place I tells ya! :(

Advertisement