Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exfoliator

Options
  • 13-02-2008 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey,
    could anyone recommend a really good exfoliating facial scrub for sensitive skin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

You have to be careful with sensitive skin, I have it too. I like Origins Modern Friction but only use it the odd time as it's pretty harsh. Great results though. I also hear that Origins 'Swept Away' is good and gentler so that's what I'm trying next!

And no, I don't work for them either :D Also luv the mega mushroom range and Night-a-mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I used to find the St Ives stuff good, smelt good too!

Can't use it anymore coz I'm on prescriptive stuff though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭fobs

I use the Laura Mercier one which is very mild and I have sensitive skin. Never put it on my cheeks but use it everywhere else weekly. It is expensive but a tube lasts for ages as only need a very small amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I have very sensitive skin and I couldn't find a decent exfoliator that didn't iritate my skin.

For the last 8 months or so i've been using Ultra Bland from Lush. I find it fantastic and it doesn't iritate my skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭elly

Ocean Salt from Lush. Amazing stuff, it is great for the face, if you have sensitive skin use it once a week. It is also great for all over the body, I am never without a pot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 aluapnaej

I use a Dermalogica one - it's the Daily Resurfacer - it exfoliates with enzymes as opposed to the little rough beads so is far more gentle. You can use it every day but I just use it twice a week and it's plenty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

Ultra Bland is great esp for removing make up, I really love Fresh Farmacy (sic) from Lush as a really gentle scrub (I too have really sensitive skin & this manages to gently scrub but has never irritated my skin) for a once a week exfoliator Sanctuary Spa exfoliating scrub makes your skin feel amazing & polished :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kulekat

For sensitive skin try using papaya enzyme peel by elemis, its great for the T zone, and smells yummy. You can just leave it on for 5-10 mins and then rinse off. Elemis also have a gentle rose exfoiliator, that is really gentle. Stay away from anything with harsh granules, and don't exfoiliate over any broken capillaries on your cheeks. Happy scrubbing!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I used to find the St Ives stuff good, smelt good too!

+1.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

kulekat wrote: »
    For sensitive skin try using papaya enzyme peel by elemis, its great for the T zone, and smells yummy.

Where is this available as a matter of interest? Might give it a try as my nose and around my mouth area is blackhead heaven at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement