Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant

Options
  • 13-02-2008 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey, i have NCI down as my number 1 choice on the CAO, im hoping to do Accounting, i was wondering, as im aiming to live on campus(if i get in at least ^.^) what the food is like in the restaurants on campus and whats an idea of their costs, specifically, Around The Globe, The Art of Roast and The Baguette Bar. Just wondering if the food is nice, whats the cost of the cheapest meal and the cost of the most expensive ext, so i know if ill be able to eat out often or be forced to cook myself :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

personally i wouldnt go near the restaurant in the college. Theres a few reataurants outside the college that give student discounts like bagel bar and a pizza place aswell

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

"specifically, Around The Globe, The Art of Roast and The Baguette Bar."

Have you got the right college?

NCI canteen is pretty good as far as college canteens go,there are 3 choices every day and it costs around a fiver for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Doriath

mmhmm though im going by what the website says :P thanks for the help ^.^

yh a lot of people dont like the canteen we done a survey last week on the college and a lot peope were complaining about the canteen in the college about small portions and choice of food and price so its not just me but im sure people like it too. ive only eaten there a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

The canteen has always been crap. AFAIK "Corporate" NCI have leased out part of the canteen to AIB. How ever all in all you can blame the crowd they call Campbell Catering. My experience of them to date hasn't been very positive.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

stepbar wrote: »
    The canteen has always been crap. AFAIK "Corporate" NCI have leased out part of the canteen to AIB. How ever all in all you can blame the crowd they call Campbell Catering. My experience of them to date hasn't been very positive.

The NCI canteen is a complete joke. Some days you've 1/4 of the bloody capacity of the restaurant out of commision because it's all set up for AIB. It's a disgrace.

The food's decent enough, but the prices are WAY over the top for what you're getting imo, especially consideirng that since it's on campus it should be cheaper than the surrounding stores, not more expensive.

If you're gonna live on campus you're better off cooking for yourself. And town's only a 10-15 minute walk away anyway and there's pretty much an infinate number of places to eat in there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

Alright Ham!!

Never mind the canteen, get the €4 chicken fillet roll in MACE then come on down to us friendly folk in the Students Union and enjoy fun, frolics and your fine food!

ah the spar is far nicer for a chicken fillet roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Jayage

after seeing the the 1st floor toilets have its share of the canteen i'm never eating outta there again!

Jayage wrote: »
    after seeing the the 1st floor toilets have its share of the canteen i'm never eating outta there again!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA that's the sorta thing that will become legendary 10 years down the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭erinn

see this new MYO place???? its make it urself!!!

was in d col 4repeats nd went der a few times, its wher excise used 2b!!! nd ders now a star bucks der 2, its not fair, dey give us gym membership 4d yr but put in places lyk starbucks so reli it only balances its self out!!!

as 4lunch, roll nd SU is d best bet, ya always hav a laugh nd esp durin freshers wk ders always stuff n!!!!

oda den dat pasta everynite wil keep ya goin, every1 can cook pasta!!! lol

or if ya reli wanna treat urselb, bar italia is amazin, its more expensive den broadway but soooooo much betta, altho it dont d d broadway chips..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............gttin hungry now nd its 2o 2 2 in d mornin!!!!!! :(:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

erinn - Could you use less of the text speak please.
    You post is very hard to read.

Thanks
    Rachael

sorry, i guess its old habbits die hard but i'll try my best from now on! :D

MYO is the absolute best place to eat around NCI. It only opened about a month before finals, but once I tried it, I literally did not eat anywhere else.

Marks is good to pick up something real quick to eat between lectures.

Starbucks is too far away unless you've got a break...

starbucks was wer excise was (to the back of myo) for awhile but when i was in today it loooked like it was gone again, dont know what happened! :confused: myo is really good though, and you know excally what your getting and dont need to keep explaining yourself when theres a huge queue of people waiting to get their order in aswel!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

huh?! storbucks is right beside AIB! Can't go near MYO,the place is riddled with carbs! As is everywhere! 1.5ltr of water from marks for 49c and microwave chicken breasts ftw! There are a lot of Subway and Burger King vouchers coming everyones way in the fresher packs, along with durex and some other bits and bob's, also we're trying to organise getting in a lot of pat the baker and Tayto Crisps, crisp sandwhich heaven for you guys! Stinger to be all old and finished hanley!

there actually gettin condoms they can use rather then them billyboys that get blown up and thrown around the su??? lol

skips on a roll, get that 1sorted aswel will you??? so much better then a chrisps sandwich!

c now that were gettin gym membership, you eat your lunch thats riddled with carbs and go to the gym!!! lol

Advertisement