Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13 feb 08

Options
  • 13-02-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

what a stunning day/week , consider this ,windfarm @ 1000ft asl, at 2.30 pm a gentle SE breeze and a temp of 13.7c , for fcek sake this is only mid february , jeez at this rate we're in for some summer...................aren't we...........:rolleyes:dsc01435le4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

look at the detail in this13feb08oq5.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

kerry1960 wrote: »
    what a stunning day/week , consider this ,windfarm @ 1000ft asl, at 2.30 pm a gentle SE breeze and a temp of 13.7c , for fcek sake this is only mid february , jeez at this rate we're in for some summer...................aren't we...........:rolleyes:dsc01435le4.jpg

unfortunately we all thought the same last year when we had that amazing April,then look how the rest of the summer (May-August) turned out to be. This could be our Summer 2008 lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

As danno mentioned you could all be in for shock come March. I dislike getting really cold weather in March it seems such a waste:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea the last 2 days have just been insane.

Warm and oh so much sun, a weird and sudden plunge into summer it has felt like!

The last 2 days have just been strange IMO for some reason:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Mmm, such a nice couple of days. Got up this morning to a beautiful warm day, and had to de-ice my car! Gotta say Sligo's smashing in this weather though :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

at this stage i'd rather we keep this lovely settled sunny weather with well above average temperatures all the way till next October and start winter again fresh from next November/December. Cold Snaps/spells in March seem such a waste to me too and when they happen I cant help but think how good they could turn out if they happened in January/early February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Vidunder

I wouldn't mind a really nice cold snap in the first half of March. It's still technically winter, no damage done to anyone. This week has been a very early may, a bit too much to be february. Wall to wall sun and whatnots.

Too bad that today it was foggy, misty, cold, damp and gloomy here in Dublin, so... it's not even that nice anymore. We want white stuff on the grass :D

Advertisement