Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing plans / architect after receiving planning permission

Options
  • 13-02-2008 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone has ever done this and would they mind letting me know how they got on?

I have been through a long process and was eventually granted planning last month. The main issue was to do with sightlines and we applied for a non-contentious, solid house as our architect told us not to give the council any reason to refuse us ( they found plenty but eventually let us through!).

We're obviously delighted to have received planning and the house as it is planned is prefectly reasonable, but we were just wondering, if we were to change now, how long would the process take? Also we're very grateful to our architect with his help in getting us this far, but we sometimes wonder if another architect may come up with something different, something we and our current architect hadn't thought of...I think part of this is coming from looking at the same plans for over two years, and then getting a little sick of them while also seeing and reading about some other design ideas etc...

Any thoughts or comments would be welcome,
    Frank

Advertisement