Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wellies for festival

Options
  • 13-02-2008 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello fashion gurus. I thought I would put this question to you. I amn't big in to fashion but I do like to think that at least I dress well. Going to a festival in the summer and was wondering about wellies. Looked around da web and got a website called welly4u.ie but their prices are a bit crazy but if it was worth it, I would stretch. €75 for hunters. Would these keep me warm and comfortable for the weekend? Any others of you have any experience of these or others at festivals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

joules have brilliant wellies they are about 30 quid I got a pair and they have lasted ages and they have loads of color selections. You can get them in holmestead saddlery or if you are not near there any equestrian store should have them

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Dunnes/Debenhams/Penney's etc have all copped on to the music festival market and, in the past few years, have had a very good selection in their shops from late spring. Different designs, pokla dots, flowers, stripes, etc - not your standard green anorak colour.

Hold out for that, €75 for wellies is just NOT worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pinklady2

B&Q & Atlantic do lovely wellies in Airside in Swords...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

wellies and the words warmth and comfort dont go hand in hand. yes they keep your feet dry, but feck all else. if the weather is warm for the festival your feet will be ultra sweaty also.

i'd say leave your decision on what to do closer to the day. it's only feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Wellies are cold, uncomfortable things. If there's any way around wearing them, I avoid them. You feel every stone through the sole, they're cold, your feet sweat (sounds daft after saying they're cold but it's true), and your feet tend to slide around, bunching your sock around your foot. By some mucker boots or other waterproof boots. Comfier, warmer, just as dry unless it's a foot deep and you look like less of a muppet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    wellies and the words warmth and comfort dont go hand in hand. yes they keep your feet dry, but feck all else. if the weather is warm for the festival your feet will be ultra sweaty also.

i'd say leave your decision on what to do closer to the day. it's only feb.

I have fleece-lined, puma trainer-soled wellingtons. They are the business. Comfy to walk in and warm. They're made by a company called Tretorn.

Hunters are quite comfortable for walking too, as are aigle parcours and other brands like that. If you spend any time in wellingtons at all, its worthwhile spending money on a decent pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

At the end of the day. youre going to be sloshing around in the muck, and stepping in god knows what when you use a porta loo, so I really wouldn't splash out 75squid, no way!
    Penneys have lots in stock, and some plain green/black ones too, which were only a tenner...i bought a pair a few years back at a festival for 25euro, but really wouldn't go beyond that..but if you insist, try Atlantic Homecare, Woodies or as suggested, some muckers shop..wear woolly socks tho with them to stop your feet moving about too much in them resulting in nasty blisters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

got for a cheap green plain pair for a tenner and decorate them yourself. way easier! plus if you leave them outside your tent (and you will) they will get robbed, and if you think you wont wait till you see them after a day in the mud and port-a-loos. no one gives a dam about what you look like anyway at a festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 NYC Diva

Hi there,

I have been a festival veteran for over 7 years (that's when I don't wear my jimmy choos!) :) For years, I wore the green ones. They are the best...but they're not great looking so feel free to decorate them.

Do not go near any wellies that does not have lining in them. They are the best. If you see wellies with the clasp at the top, its neither here nor there. They don't really mean much.

If the festival that you are going to is really mucky, like Glasto last year, then do not spend €75 on wellies. You'll end up leaving them at the site or the airport! I can guarantee that.

Don't forget leg warmers. They are great. Really help in keeping you warm.
    Enjoy the festival. Hope the info helps!

Advertisement