Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdresser disaster - What to do???

Options
  • 13-02-2008 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭

Haven't posted here before but hoping someone in the know (!) can advise me!!!

Last week went to Peter Mark for the first time for a cut. As it was the first time I just took the stylist I was given and off she went at great speed doing a good impression of Edward Scissorhands. Then she dried it and off I went. As usual I always hate the way they dry my hair so washed it that night but when I was drying it I discovered a chopped tuft of hair just under a half inch long in amongst hair of 4 or 5 inches long!!! I had asked her to chop into it to thin it out a bit but this was just as I say, a tuft! :eek:

Also one side of my head was "thinned out" , the other side is a bit longer and seems not to have been cut at all. At the back behind each ear there are long bits where if you pull them down (IYKWIM!) you are left with about 3 hairs longer than all the rest!!!

Anyway, I rang Peter Mark the next morning to explain my concerns and got an apology and asked to come back in today. I know I'm going to be seen by the person that cut it badly in the first place so I really don't feel very confident my bonce can be make any better by the person who hacked it up in the first place.

So can I go in and ask to be fixed by one of the more senior people? I'll be morto if I see the other one though!! :o

Or should I trust the original person will be more careful and fix it up???

Help please!!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

defo, ask for sombody else to do it, i do feel sorry for you though, it happenend me when i was younger got a terrible hair cut(if you could even call it that), hope they fix it for you. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

emo!! wrote: »
    defo, ask for sombody else to do it, i do feel sorry for you though, it happenend me when i was younger got a terrible hair cut(if you could even call it that), hope they fix it for you. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks! I will. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Yes make sure to ask for someones else to do it! And believe it or not the haircut you have just described seems to be popular amongst certain people at the moment!!!

Hope they put it right for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Yeah just ask would it be possible to have one of the other girls to check it out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭indiana jones

. peter marks is an assembly line of hair cuts. there are some fantastic stylists there but some **** young girls too. it too busy to care for individuals and is a supermarket hair salon. at least you complained , loads dont

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

I went in yesterday and like a flash, Sweeny Todd was out to see to me! So I said to the receptionist "eh, could I have a quick word with the manager..." and was brought over to a discreet spot, explained I wouldnt really be comfortable with the same person again while I rooted out my little tuft to show her. I was then treated like a queen and got a top stylist who actually over-did the "is the ok for you... is this how short/long you want it..."

Also got a "complementary conditioning treatment" so 10 out of 10 for Peter Marks damage limitation strategy although my hair is quite a bit shorter than I originally wanted but think it was necessary to cut out the botched job!

Don't think I'd chance them again though.... for an extra tenner I can get a really skilled hairdresser elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

"Like a flash, Sweeney Todd was out to see me"

Hahaha, gas! Personally i would have been too embarrassed to go back, so fair played to you for speaking up plus getting rid of Sweeney Todd the second time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

I don't understand ppl who won't complain, if something bothers you enough you should definitely complain! :) Also, that "tuft" incident happened to a friend of mine when she asked the hairdresser to thin her hair out but they removed a large patch so my friend couldn't really tie her hair up & was spikey in one section through the rest of her hair when it started growing out :eek: :eek: :eek: so count yourself lucky & well done ya complained! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

I'd ask for a refund and go elsewhere. I've had the same local hairdresser all my life and he's great. Any time I go anywhere else it goes along these lines
    "I don't want a fringe/shaggy layers/highlights"
    "but they're fashionable!"
    Maybe you could try a shorter hairdo? It's a really good idea once in a while if your hair is damaged at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

Serpentine wrote: »
    I don't understand ppl who won't complain, if something bothers you enough you should definitely complain! :)
    Definitely agree, this sounds absolutely awful! I would be straight down there to complain and explain that this is completely unacceptable! They should be offering you a lot more than just to "fix it" imo, definitely dont let the same girl go near you again, she needs to get the message she did a **** job and so do her employers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Defo ask for someone else. I personally haven't had a problem with my hair, mostly because I'm a guy and also because I don't care what my hair looks like, but you shouldn't be embarrassed by a shoddy job. I would also consider asking for a refund.

Advertisement