Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids from Chernobyl

Options
  • 12-02-2008 10:12pm

Anybody out there who has had children from Belarus area any summer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Yes, I have for the past couple of Summers. I found it very rewarding and keep in contact with the children. There is a good support network with organised outings and meet-ups.

Have you any particular questions?

I had them for the first time last summer. The only support I got was from HQ in Cork, 2 phone calls. I had to ring them to find out when to return the children to the airport. Do you not get told this when receiving the children? No outings or meet-ups but that was fine by me as my own three were still in school and I wanted to be around for them. I sent Christmas and birthday cards but none were acknowledged - don't know whether that reflects on me or not!!! Other than that we all enjoyed having them and look forward to their arrival again this summer.

Advertisement