Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharepoint Audience Targetting

Options
  • 12-02-2008 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm in the Analysis stage of a new project which provides online services to it's members. There are 3 types of members, which will each get different content & services after logging in.

Having looked at the Sharepoint 2007 Audience Targeting overview, I am unsure if this could be used as a means of controlling & restricting the content displayed to the different user types. From what I can gather, Audience targeting can only be applied to web parts?

Ideally, the content will be managed in one central location and the user types will be shown only the appropriate content. Creating 3 separate sites (one for each user type) would not allow us to do this.

Judging by the great responses I've got on here before with Sharepoint issues, I'm hoping someone can suggest the best way about doing this.

Thanks,
    John

Advertisement