Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real beauty spots near ardee

Options
  • 12-02-2008 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi

I have a girlfriend in ardee that I will be seeing this valentines weekend. I am an atypical poverty stricken student, so thought it would be nice to just go out to a beauty spot with picnic, etc if the good weather continues, trouble is looking in the googlenet gives me stupid things like that bloody jumping church.

If anybody knows an area with a good view directions from ardee would be much appreciated. Have in mind something like the view from M1 just before newry towards valley and mountains, or the boyle lakes and mountains from the N4, maybe somewhere wooded, but a little closer to ardee.

Muchos gracias peeps

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

An old romantic eh?

Out to Carlingford with ya. Savage views of the Mourne & Cooley Mountains.

If you're looking for something closer to home then maybe Stephenstown Pond?

Enjoy the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

Hey, thanks very much, now just hope the weather holds! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

No bodger. The weather's supposed to be good.

*crosses fingers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cionnaith

picnic in the fresh air eh? then look no further than the sqaure dundalk. all the emineties you could want right there :thumbup:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭gipi

wolf99 wrote: »
    Hey, thanks very much, now just hope the weather holds! :)

I was in Carlingford with friends from England last summer during a terrible thunderstorm - we ate ice cream in the car and watched the spectacular light show!

Bad weather might not mean the end of your plans !:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement