Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice set refused by Fabric

Options
  • 12-02-2008 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Dont think i saw any thread on it so i have to let you know caus it s so hilarious!
    Fabric requested Justice to make their latest Fabric CD 39 and when they received it, they actually refused to release it!
    Reason was: poor mixing, poor selection, no inovation, too short,...

The playlist was:
    01 Sparks: “Tryouts for the Human Race”
    02 Rondo Veneziano: “La Serenissima”
    03 Goblin: “Tenebrae”
    04 Daft Punk: “Ouverture”
    05 Surkin: “Next of Kin”
    06 Symbolone: “Love Juice”
    07 Korgis: “Everybody’s Gotta Learn Sometimes”
    08 Midnight Juggernauts: “Ending of an Era”
    09 The Paradise: “In Love With You [ft. Romauld]”
    10 Justice: “TTHHEE PPAARRTTYY (Acapella)”
    11 Chic: “Everybody Dance”
    12 Frankie Valli: “Who Loves You”
    13 Das Pop: “Underground”
    14 Julien Clerc: “Quand Je Jouee”
    15 Daniel Balavoine: “Vivre Ou Survivre”
    16 Richard Sanderson: “Reality”
    17 Zoot Woman: “Grey Day”
    18 ****ing Champs: “Thor Is Like Immortal”
    19 The Rave: “Mother”
    20 Fancy: “You Never Know”
    21 Frank Stallone : “Far From Over”
    22 Sheila: “Misery”
    23 Todd Rundgren: “International Feel”

Here is the link if you still wanna have a go : http://electrorash.com/tracks/01/Justice%20Xmas%20(ex-Fabric)%20Mix.mp3

Njoy! ...for info it s gonna be Robert Hood on the Fabric 39;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I honestly don't see the fuss about Justice, they sound pretty mediocre to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Here is the link if you still wanna have a go : http://t.lesnier.free.fr/www/stock/m...c%29%20Mix.mp3

Document non trouve!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

Sean_K wrote: »
    Document non trouve!!!

Link corrected ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Tragic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ha ha

Shower of *****, thatll learn em, cant wait for Rob Hood cd, saw a link somewhere the other day but ill be buying that one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I would actually suggest that if you arent a Justice fan you should download this. Ive had it for a while and its not what you would expect at all. Its not a CD full of distorted bangers at all (which is probably what Fabric wanted). It shows a different side to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Holy Crap, justice sneaked in and recorded a Monday at ri-ra ? .. and while I do enjoy mondays at ri-ra, its not exactly the cutting edge of club that you'd expect from Fabric, what was Justice thinking?

Reminds me of the time years ago when Van Helden Played a Hip Hop set in ministry to alot of very peeved clubbers (I believe he is an excellent HH jock mind, again time and a place)

Taking the mick & artistic madness and liberties to the limits if you ask me, but on the plus side I have another "interesting" mix to listen to in the car :D

Cheers for the link ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Link not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

lol.

the fact that they let the likes of grooverider and j majik do them in the past without batting an eyelid (or even listening to the mixes before they released them) means this really must be truly ****

jonny68 wrote: »
    Link not working.

Link is working! stream it on WMP!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

lol.

the fact that they let the likes of grooverider and j majik do them in the past without batting an eyelid (or even listening to the mixes before they released them) means this really must be truly ****
    Grooveriders one wasn't that bad. Still listen to it from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Is track 21 Frank Stallone, Rambo's brother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

just listenin to it now, track selection not great at all, would be ok for a 'back to mine' or something, (well it was, then track 13? then 14 came???) ...then 15...

just listenin to it now, track selection not great at all, would be ok for a 'back to mine' or something, (well it was, then track 13? then 14 came???) ...then 15...

Well man,

Track 02 "Rondo Veneziano", dont know if you remember them, they re a classical band kinda Venice classical music.

track 14 "Julien Clerc" is a famous french singer who must be 60 yo now, my auntie is fan.

Track 15 is also a famous French singer who died in the eighties in a chopper crash during the Paris-Dakar Rally...my mum is a fan.

That just says it all! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Great story there, just seems like they tried to do the whole 80's retro thing because it's so "cool" right now, i listened to the first few tracks and was expecting to hear that poxy Journey song next! Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Grooveriders one wasn't that bad. Still listen to it from time to time.

fair play; horses for courses etc

i just thought that the opening mix with "you got me burning" and then "alien girl" was horribly out of key, barely in time, and a completely random change of vibe from a **** disco dnb tune into a ten year old (and pretty damn dated) techy tune (one of the most played out and overly caned tunes in dnb full stop - even andy c doesn't even bother teasing it these days) was really really dreadful

the marcus intallex one is off the hook though... and the next dnb one is going to be by commix!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gerry99

as a fan of nearly most fabric releases , ( ricardo villalobos @ tiefschwarz ) being my favourite , i cant figure wat all da fuzz is about wit justice !!! in my opinion they hav a few good tune's , which if tweaked and mixed in the right way they can cause havoc , but over all i think they are ordinary !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Mahou

Have never heard any fabric cd's, would you put them up there with journeys by dj or earlier global underground?
    I've never heard of justice, Am I not keepin it down with the hoppity hip homies anymore?

Mahou wrote: »
    Have never heard any fabric cd's, would you put them up there with journeys by dj or earlier global underground?
    I've never heard of justice, Am I not keepin it down with the hoppity hip homies anymore?

I d say you sould get out of your box sometimes;)

Fabric are now at their 39th release and Justice is all over the radios etc for the last 2 years ish

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Have the album.Massive disapointment compared to "cross" though. Fabric rejected it because "it didnt fit in with their musical ethos- which is basically a load of ****-jacques lu cont fabriclive 09 is made for the masses-fabric have rejected justice because theyre commercial now.still, i guess they know what theyre doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Listening to it now. And I must say I'm enjoying it. Bit cheesy, but definatly not boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I quite like it. I think some of the stuff (mostly between the middle and end) isn't great but overall it's a good listen.

† is a fantastic album though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

jacques lu cont's fabric live was very enjoyable. still give it an odd listen on the ipod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

I remember listening to this around christmas time when it got refused. Im a justice fan but im glad this wasnt accepted as it is utter rubbish. Its alright for travelling music on the bus or in the car but for a set in fabric? never! Some people think justice can do wrong and can just get through because of their name and history but thats not just the case. This was a massive cock-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I actually enjoyed it... especially the some of the cheesier stuff (everybody dance)
    Doesn't really seem up to the standard of any of the other fabric cds, but is still worth a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭goods

copeyhagen wrote: »
    jacques lu cont's fabric live was very enjoyable. still give it an odd listen on the ipod.

its a classic alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

The Dave Clarke one (60) is impressive too. Any other Fabric sets worth buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Nolanger wrote: »
    The Dave Clarke one (60) is impressive too. Any other Fabric sets worth buying?

Fabric 13 - Michael Mayer
    Fabric 16 - Adam Freeland
    Fabric 19 - Andrew Weatherall
    Fabric 20 - John Digweed
    Fabric 31 - Marco Carola
    Fabric 35 - Ewan Pearson
    Fabric 36 - Richardo Villalobas
    Fabric 41 - Luciano
    Fabric 54 - Jamie Jones
    Fabric Live 1 - James Lavelle
    Fabric Live 7 - John Peel
    Fabric Live 9 - Jacques Le Cont