Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for guild - Moonglade

Options
  • 12-02-2008 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the best place to post this... But im looking for a new guild. And preferably a raiding guild. Im getting a bit fed up of my current guild who seem to lvl toons to 60ish then abandon them to start another alt. A few of us have got to 70 first to start an alt, but there isnt really enough of us especially how we lack healers to start raiding.

The problem i find with moonglade is there is a huge lack of good raiding guilds ( or so it seems ). I just cant seem to find any at all. I've been invited to a few guilds but ive had bad experience with some of their players ( immature kids/ninjas/stats whores ) So i'm not sure what to do ! Stay here and try to find a raiding guild? or start a new char on another realm ( moonglade is rp, so i cant transfer :)

Are any of you here in an active raiding guild on Moonglade ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Can u not go to a PvE server i thought you could from a RP server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I thought you could only go from rp to rp.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

You can only go from PvE to PvE but you can go from PvP to any server.
    Likewise, you can only go from RP-PvE to PvE but you can go from RP-PvP to any server.

The RP part is essentially ignored for character moves.

So my choice is to find a decent raiding guild where i am then. I should be able to find somehting... hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

not sure mate i have a few friends on moongale that are actually in kinda the same boat. Their fed up with their guild and want to move on.

Im on argent Dawn. The guild im in is a pretty new guild, they only have about 10 or so 70s the rest of the guild is in the 40 to 60 range. I imagine once we all get up to spec we'll go raiding (or thats the hope anyway) i know the 70s meet allot in outland and are constantly doing runs there

(weather they are raids or instances i dont know. I dont recognise the names of where they run ... Shattered Halls was one of them i think)

I know you dont relish the fact of starting all over again but you could gen an alt toon on another server. as sucky as it would be it might be better than spending the next 6 months or so in a guild that sounds like its going nowhere!

You could always look back over the "introduce yourself" thread that lists all the characters and guilds and servers stickied at the top of the form. might give you a good place to start looking for an alt guild

good luck mate hope it works out for you,

• Advertisement

'AL wrote:
    [EN;55121084']not sure mate i have a few friends on moongale that are actually in kinda the same boat. Their fed up with their guild and want to move on.

Im on argent Dawn. The guild im in is a pretty new guild, they only have about 10 or so 70s the rest of the guild is in the 40 to 60 range. I imagine once we all get up to spec we'll go raiding (or thats the hope anyway) i know the 70s meet allot in outland and are constantly doing runs there

(weather they are raids or instances i dont know. I dont recognise the names of where they run ... Shattered Halls was one of them i think)

I know you dont relish the fact of starting all over again but you could gen an alt toon on another server. as sucky as it would be it might be better than spending the next 6 months or so in a guild that sounds like its going nowhere!

You could always look back over the "introduce yourself" thread that lists all the characters and guilds and servers stickied at the top of the form. might give you a good place to start looking for an alt guild

good luck mate hope it works out for you,

Cheers for the advice man, i didnt even think of looking over that thread you mentioned.

I actually found a guild last night who were interested in me, butt i need at least tier 3 gear and attunement to kara. Something im a long way from getting :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

my advice for what its worth

1. get to 70 with friends - i know your not 70 yet so you have plenty of time to find a suitable guild.

2. when you get to 70 your not gonna jump straight into a guild doing t5 instances as they will have thier own focus and going to do kara etc will probably not be feasabile. it up to you to gear yourself a bit first. when u reach 70 do some heroics get ur first epics and look for a guild that is doing karazan. there are many guilds on moonglade doing just that.

3. if u find a guild you like /w one of thier members and ask for a web address if they have one. post a application .. with as much detail as you can about you and your character .. /w class leaders and writing short applications is one way of never getting a invite.

4. http://http://www.wowjutsu.com/eu/moonglade/

is a link to the top guilds from 1-50 on moonglade. have a look through there and pick a guild that has most if not all bosses dead in kara.

Thanks for the advice mate. Only problem is that link does not work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

Yeah i guessed that :p

Managed to find a guild of about 30 accounts all with mains at my lvl. And a good few lower levels. Have known a few of them since i started playing and they seem pretty cool. They have the intention of raiding and this week we will be doing pre TBC raids, well the ones that dont need attunement. Or the ones when one member just needs a hammer or such.

• Advertisement

Legend good man. im glad you found a guild in the end.

Your lucky I'm in a similar position i want to raid pre TBC but i cant. the guild im in does all BC instance runs and raids. Im into the 50's now with my mail char. (hey im a first time player) and im now getting quests for places like the BRD and ST since the BC is out no one wants to run these instances anymore.

Once i hit 60 I really love to have a look at naxx or BWL, but no one seems to be raiding pre TBC anymore. at least on my server anyway.

Id love to see naxx just once. Id say its insane.

Cheers :)

Apparently were going to kill onaxia ?or something tonight. All i know is we need a hammer to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Anti wrote: »
    Cheers :)

Apparently were going to kill onaxia ?or something tonight. All i know is we need a hammer to get in.

You need the necklace for Onyxia. The questline is a pain in the ass though...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

there was a guild called "onyxia ate my homework" on my server :D

Ah Onyxia's Lair, herd all about this place from other lads in the guild

Speaking of homework, Anti here's some onfo on the raid might give you a better idea what your going up against if you've never been there before

http://www.wowwiki.com/Onyxia's_Lair

Just reading about it now. How many of us will w eneed to take, i see we can take up to 40 but is that OTT ? I hear her max damage hit is 4000ish. Anyone one done this before and have any advice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

It's been a long time since I've done it - the thing I remember being most important is watching dps as you enter phase 3 so there's no aggro wipes.

Also, here is an in-depth look at the Onyxia fight (NSFW)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Anti - you have to be attuned for Onyxia. And it's a pita of a chain. Starts in IF iirc.

edit: scratch that - it's in Burning Steppes and you have to do Jailbreak - hate that bloody quest. Although the event in SW afterwards is pretty cool.

Onyxia Attunement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Just reading about it now. How many of us will w eneed to take, i see we can take up to 40 but is that OTT ? I hear her max damage hit is 4000ish. Anyone one done this before and have any advice ?

Pre TBC you needed 40 normal geared raiders. If you've L60+ people with Outlands blues then 20 should do it or maybe even less. I was in a group at about 62 that did it with 14 but all were well geared.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

'AL wrote:
    [EN;55138251']
    Once i hit 60 I really love to have a look at naxx or BWL, but no one seems to be raiding pre TBC anymore. at least on my server anyway.

Id love to see naxx just once. Id say its insane.

Naxxxramas will be the first raid instance in WotLK so you should get to see it soon enough :)

Also, you can do MC/Ony/BWL with about 5 decent geared 70's these days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Have 4-manned Onyxia (paladin, warrior, hunter, warlock) - takes ages though.

Have 4-manned Onyxia (paladin, warrior, hunter, warlock) - takes ages though.

its been 2 manned, probably been solo'd at this stage.

We have decided on a team. 2 hunters with tanking pets ( lvl 64 and 65 ). 2 Holy priests lvl 66 and 68. 1 affliction warlock ( lvl 70 ). 1 lvl 65 prot warrior. and 1 lvl 66 retri pala. Also taking a lvl 62 rogue.

Were all gonna start attunement tonight, should only take a few hours with any luck.

Dustaz wrote: »
    Naxxxramas will be the first raid instance in WotLK so you should get to see it soon enough :)

Also, you can do MC/Ony/BWL with about 5 decent geared 70's these days

Legendary!! i cant wait! is it still gonna be a 40 man raid?

Actually most websites i get my instance guides from all say that Dustaz, most of the pre TBC instances and raids can be done with 5 - 8 decent geared players now. which is fine once i get the chance to have a look at them i dont mind. Im several years behind the rest of you guys in content terms :eek:

I've only really been playing the game 9 months so all of this stuff is new to me.

'AL wrote:
    [EN;55146554']Legendary!! i cant wait! is it still gonna be a 40 man raid?

Actually most websites i get my instance guides from all say that Dustaz, most of the pre TBC instances and raids can be done with 5 - 8 decent geared players now. which is fine once i get the chance to have a look at them i dont mind. Im several years behind the rest of you guys in content terms :eek:

I've only really been playing the game 9 months so all of this stuff is new to me.

Im in the same boat as you, only started playign myself in october/november. Its handy to come back here to ask questions though, as i found the official forums incredibly bitchy towards new players.

'AL wrote:
    [EN;55146554']Legendary!! i cant wait! is it still gonna be a 40 man raid?

Nope, barring any massive change in policy there will not be any more 40 man raids in wow.

They are retuning the entire instance to a 25 man raid

Im in the same boat as you, only started playign myself in october/november. Its handy to come back here to ask questions though, as i found the official forums incredibly bitchy towards new players.

yea i noticed that too. Also when you try to approach ANY other player in the game thats not in your guild or on your friends list, I mostly get a response something along the lines of "pffff F*ckng n00b" which really does annoy me.

The wow forms aren't that bad i've found but on the whole I've found boards to be a much better place for all thing wow related.

ah man there getting rid of the 40 man raids!! I've never been on one in my life! if i dont get to 70 before the WOTLK it sounds like i never will!! still 25 man raids sound good aswell.

Getting to 60 is easy, you can do it in a solid weekend of playing, thanks to the 3.2 patch of 20% less xp needed and bonus xp between 1-60. But 60-70 is mofo. 750k XP a lvl for me atm :/ And i find myself doing constant instance runs to get gear.... 18 runs in slave pens to get these god damned shoulders. 12 runs of mana tombs to get a sword !!!

'AL wrote:
    [EN;55148276']
    ah man there getting rid of the 40 man raids!! I've never been on one in my life! if i dont get to 70 before the WOTLK it sounds like i never will!! still 25 man raids sound good aswell.

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. 40 Man raids are already gone, all the high level raid instances in TBC cater to 25 players (These include Serpentshrine Cavern, Black Temple and Tempest Keep). There is still space for 40 people in the raid but only 25 people may enter the instance (we use the other 15 spaces for people on the 'extra' list).

You can still go back to all the pre-tbc raids with 40 people (Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Aq40 and Naxx) and you can also kill outdoor raid bosses with 40 people(like Doom Lord Kazzak and Doomwalker) as well as set up full world PvP raid (a recent event on our server featured something like 6 full 40 man raids from each faction colliding outside Orgrimmar)

Blizzards reasoning in trimming down raid size for the expansion was that it is VERY hard to co-ordinate and administrate raid schedules for 40 people. Raid sizes of 25 are more forgiving on casual guilds.

Dont forget also there are 2 'current' 10 man raids in the game (karazan and zul aman) as well as the array of 5 man dungeons and heroic dungeons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

40 man raids were incredibly hard to arrange for any remotely casual guild/group. By having end game stuff requiring 40 man raids you essentially block huge numbers of players from even seeing the bosses (never mind downing them).

Yes, 40 man stuff is cool because of the scale but it's not very practical. For the majority of people. What guild are you on in Argent Dawn AL][EN? The move to 25 man stuff has been generally well received from what I've seen. The challenge still remains but the instances are still accessible to people.

Advertisement