Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best recruitment thread

Options
  • 12-02-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

16:03 [******]: Hey mate.
    16:03 [******]: I'd like to have a conversation with you and the guildmasters + officers in your guild.
    16:03 [Aphetoros]: you can talk to me Smile
    16:03 [******]: About me becoming one of the main raidleaders and officers in respect.
    16:04 [******]: No, just arrange the meeting please, easier to talk with all on ventrilo sametime Wink
    16:04 [Aphetoros]: we have a raidleader
    16:04 [******]: two Raidleaders wont hurt
    16:04 [******]: or me as mainraidleader.
    16:05 [******]: You might think now; jesus who does this guy think he is; then I say; Well mate, I'm one hell of a serious and loving guy that loves to progress and be part of guilds.
    16:06 [Aphetoros]: I'm the GM - but if you want to join the guild you can apply
    16:06 [******]: lol.
    16:06 [******]: Mate
    16:06 [******]: You don't know me
    16:06 [******]: I have 6 lvl70's
    16:06 [Aphetoros]: tbh - I appreciate your confidence - but you're right i don't know you
    16:06 [******]: Including Full epic resto shaman
    16:06 [******]: full tier6 rogue
    16:06 [******]: on Silvermoon
    16:07 [******]: I'm trying to say; I have experience, I was guildmaster in one of europes best guilds,
    16:07 [Aphetoros]: which one?
    16:07 [******]: I do not do applications, thats for people that wanna join us,
    16:07 [******]: ****** on kazzak
    16:07 [******]: PVP
    16:07 [******]: Illidan dead
    16:08 [******]: I talk with people and take my applications via Teamspeak / Ventrilo.
    16:08 [******]: Easier for both parts.
    16:09 [Aphetoros]: I'm sorry - I hate to be rude - but you sound too much like a primmadonna ... even *i've* filled in the application and I'm the GM .. I'd never have anyone in who didn't want to play by the guild's rules. it's just far too divisive
    16:10 [Aphetoros]: you may be an excellent player - and we do need healers - but i couldn't have someone in with that kind of attitude - everyone follows the rules
    16:10 [Aphetoros]: I'd love for you to apply though
    16:11 [******]: So let me get it right; You want me to make an application and wait for some random guy to say: Hmm, we need a holy pala + resto shaman then I have to wait 2weeks to become invited and then I have to raid for 3years without being able to receive any DKP
    16:11 [Aphetoros]: have you read our guild rules?
    16:12 [******]: No I havent, but you said it yourself, Your lacking healers, you will never get anyone if you just say; "shut up, make an application" I dont care about you, if you dont apply.
    16:12 [******]: That attitude isnt gonna get you progamers or atleast HIGHLY skilled players.
    16:12 [Aphetoros]: I didn't tell you to shut up
    16:13 [******]: You tried to in a discreat way.
    16:13 [Aphetoros]: Smile I assure you that was not my intention
    16:13 [******]: I asked you friendly if we could talk on ventrilo, about me and the guild, and you just gave me the finger and pushed me away :s
    16:13 [******]: I love "Respect" the guild.
    16:13 [Aphetoros]: Smile no that's not what happened at all
    16:13 [******]: I love that they manage so well.
    16:14 [******]: But If I apply, I apply to become a member,
    16:14 [******]: I'm not born to be a member only, I was born to lead an army to victory.
    16:15 [******]: I was born to love my fellow guildmembers and be a part of the guild as an officer or leader in some sort.
    16:15 [******]: As I have had my own guilds so many times
    16:15 [******]: all having SSC/TK/MH on farmstatus
    16:15 [******]: within sometime.
    16:15 [******]: This might be hard for you to understand, I understand that.
    16:16 [******]: But I wasnt born to be a member or recruit, I know everyone has to start somewhere.
    16:16 [Aphetoros]: so tell me why you've picked our guild?
    16:16 [******]: I see future for the guild.
    16:16 [******]: I could have joined anyother guild
    16:17 [******]: but I see something in Respect.
    16:18 [******]: This is only my alt, almost full tier4 holy paladin.
    16:18 [******]: almost full epic (11k mana unbuffed etc)
    16:18 [******]: Holy specced, (full holy)
    16:18 [******]: My main is full epic RESTO shaman, with insane mana.
    16:19 [Aphetoros]: who is your main?
    16:19 [******]: How come you ask?
    16:19 [Aphetoros]: well you were planning on coming with your main weren't you?
    16:19 [******]: I just migrated here 2days ago Smile
    16:19 [******]: So armory isnt up.
    16:20 [******]: This is gonna be my main, but I will gladly join all raids with whatever we need Smile
    16:20 [Aphetoros]: who was your main then? it will be cached
    16:20 [******]: 70 Resto Shaman
    16:21 [Aphetoros]: on Kazzak PVP?
    16:21 [******]: no her
    16:21 [******]: I migrated it here
    16:21 [******]: Smile
    16:21 [Aphetoros]: what was the name on Kazzak?
    16:21 [******]: my "EX MAIN" is full tier6 Warrior.
    16:22 [******]: My old name was ********** on Grim batol PVP
    16:22 [******]: my name now is ********
    16:22 [Aphetoros]: ahh ... i see what you did there
    16:22 [Aphetoros]: and how old are you?
    16:23 [******]: I'm 19 Years old from Denmark and Norway.
    16:23 [******]: I have lived in many countries so I speak many languages fluent Wink
    16:23 [Aphetoros]: ahh ... we have an agelimit of 21 - but if you apply we can certainly consider you
    16:23 [Aphetoros]: we'll consider exceptional applications from anyone
    16:23 [******]: [http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=********]
    16:24 [Aphetoros]: i'll look that up in a bit - but maybe you could link it from your application?
    16:24 [******]: Well mate, by applying I only become a member. This is not what I wanna become.
    16:25 [Aphetoros]: actually you'd start as a "New Member" - then we'd promote you to member after good performance in a few raids
    16:26 [******]: Thank you for the good information >.>
    16:28 [******]: You might find me a bit uniq, but i'm the one saying the truth, no someone sitting here pretending im someone else, just to enter a guild.
    16:31 [******]: I know some people in Respect, lieing to enter the guild.
    16:31 [******]: Lieing to you and everyone else.
    16:31 [******]: But Who am I to judge.
    16:31 [Aphetoros]: Who?
    16:32 [******]: I will not say their names, maybe one day if I ever joined Respect, but I't doesnt seem like your very interested in a full epic Resto and Holy paladin imo.
    16:32 [Aphetoros]: actually we arr very interested in both
    16:32 [******]: You dont seem like it.
    16:33 [******]: You seem like your complete uninterested in both classes, after the talk we had :/
    16:33 [******]: Or Maybe just me.
    16:33 [Aphetoros]: not true - but i'm not going to argue the point iwth you - i can tell you that nobody gets in without an application
    16:34 [******]: tbh, I'm not so much up for making an application and waiting 1week to see if I get decliened or accepted. You feel me?
    16:34 [Aphetoros]: well then you've made the decision haven't you?
    16:35 [******]: There is so much to TELL YOU, But I cannot write it in a application.
    16:35 [******]: You dont understand for christ sake.
    16:35 [******]: Thats Why I wanted to gather all officers+leaders.
    16:35 [******]: Or atleast you.
    16:36 [Aphetoros]: can you not /w it ?
    16:37 [******]: Thats enough now, I'm not wasiting my time on you and your problems being on ventrilo for some min's talking about a insanely nice healer joining.
    16:37 [******]: Goodbye and I wish your guild a goodluck killing Hogger
    16:38 [Aphetoros]: you don't sound nice at all - and wasn't that you who stole all that loot from a***********?
    16:38 [******]: Stole? Or won the loot?
    16:38 [******]: You wasnt there so I guess you dont know anything agian.
    16:38 [******]: Agian your the weaker part, trying to be "all knowning"
    16:38 [Aphetoros]: dunno - from the screenshot you ninja'd 3 pieces of loot
    16:38 [******]: You scatter weakness, not a good sign.
    16:39 [******]: Ninjaed? Or Just took because no one else needed and all had tier5?
    16:39 [******]: gg
    16:39 [Aphetoros]: except that other pallie who wanted it
    16:39 [******]: The paladin had it you "smook"
    16:39 [******]: read the forums .
    16:41 [******]: I see how a person you are
    16:41 [******]: and It clearly shows how immature and how "newbish" your and fellow members are.
    16:42 [******]: Good luck with your guild, and do not contact me anymmore.
    16:42 [Aphetoros]: you cantacted me
    16:42 [******]: Goodluck eating fish tonight
    16:42 [******]: Because I tought you were someone else
    16:42 [******]: and your just an *** like all else.
    16:43 [Aphetoros]: i'm sorry - you're right - i've been a jerk
    16:44 [******]: No need to excuse, just please go away, I do not like talking with unserious people.
    16:45 [******]: I tried being nice but appreantly your just a **** like everyone else.
    16:45 [Aphetoros]: you're right - i've not been nice at all
    16:45 [******]: Please be quiet mate, and act like a grownup if you are even,
    16:45 [Aphetoros]: i normally try to be a better person than that
    16:46 [******]: I thought you were someone else
    16:46 [******]: but your not
    16:46 [Aphetoros]: but i was rude and impolite
    16:46 [******]: Mate, I know your not serious and your just saying it for some strange reason to have fun
    16:46 [******]: so please just be quiet.
    16:48 [Aphetoros]: No ... I really am serious - I am trying to apologise - please take this to be my sincerest apology and I won't bother you again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

haha classic. did anyone drop his name..wanna check him out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

that had me smiling... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I have had people wipser me in the past been all nice and what not. They be asking for an invite into the guild. I tell them the guild web site and you apply their. They ask can i not bend the rules for them.... and just give them an invite (some complete stranger). Then when i tell them no, the application is a way for us to get to know you more so you need to apply via guild web site. They then go all nuts and give you abuse... then soon after go on my ignore list.

The guy above who wanted to join the guild did not come across all that nice. Why should you invite some stranger who just wispers you saying how great i am.

I guess if he did an application someone whould have linked him ninjaing the loot, that is why he went out of his way not wanting to do an application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

I am lost for words!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Im genuinely in shock, Shock and awe, how can someone at 19 be so immature.

Was Laughing my head off near the end of it.

Funny but something similar to this happened to me a while back im not actually GM or an officer i was whispered asking can i join and when i said just visit the guild site or whisper one of the officers the players went nuts at me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Thats long but well worth the read, I have come across people almost as bad as that. Gotta say the person talking to him has the patience of a saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

some dude applied to join my guild as a resto druid a few months ago. straight away i was supicious. He was unguilded, his application had very vague details, and his application came across has very needy. He also whined incessantly about wanting to chat to me on vent.

Best of all, he claimed to only recently started on EU server after playing on US servers for 2 years but quitting because of time difference (he was from UAE). His US alliance guild had killed Illidan and he had a fill t6 paladin.

Or so he claimed. A quick look on the WoW armoury soon pin pointed who his US alliance guild leader was and tracking down that particular US alliance guilds website was very easy. I left a PM on their forum to their GM and sure enough the real t6 paladin posted on our forum saying that this resto druid applicant was a fake. :)

on other applicant made me laugh

Previous guild: Vae Victus , that was 2 years ago when i was kicked for being 13

Some people are just so dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

You have t apply for some guilds? wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Previous guild: Vae Victus , that was 2 years ago when i was kicked for being 13
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

You have t apply for some guilds? wow.

< HARD 2 KILL > Recrooting lvl 50+, LOT OF 70 START KARA SOON AND THEN BT/MH, PM FOR INVITE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I love the very end where he tells the guild leader to grow up and be quiet. Too funny

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

"16:37 [******]: Goodbye and I wish your guild a goodluck killing Hogger"

Fcuking priceless..... that made my day... thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

tldr

Advertisement