Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting Old Barn

Options
  • 11-02-2008 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi Everyone
    I am just getting started out on this project and have a builder lined up.
    I have more or less gutted the inside of the building so there will just be a shell for the builder to work with - re-roofing, strengthening walls etc.
    Are there any particular considerations to bear in mind, I'm pretty green to all of this so would really appreciate any pointers or advice from people who have maybe undertaken something like this before.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Hey there :)

The best advice for now that i can give you without you asking a specific question is - for you to know exactly what you want before hand and get the lot priced in writing from the builder to avoid any confusion,

I would stress the importance that you should, while you have the oppertunity - increase the insulation of all possible areas of the structure. I presume its for use as a habitable or commercial use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napoles

Hey there
    Thanks for your reply. It's intended to be a dwelling house, so will all be reroofed and dry lined.

Advertisement