Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crescina hair re-growth

Options
  • 11-02-2008 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi

has anyone used this treatment and does it work?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Never even heard of it. Propecia and Rogaine are the only products approved by the FDA as actually working, so I'd go with Fincar tablets one a day (same as Propecia but cheaper, you need to split a pill into 1/5s) and Rogaine Foam or Kirkland Minoxidial applied twice a day. These can both be found at Minoxidil-Direct and In-House Pharmacy. The finasteride (Fincar) halts the hair loss whilst the Minoxidil (Rogaine Foam) helps regrow wherever its applied. Youre welcome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Leac Bhoy

cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

What about Nourkrin, heard thats supposed to be really good

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

just wondering are them treatments the same as regaine
    http://www.regaine.co.uk/men/default.asp
    is there any one type thats been proven the best or are they all more or less the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Am I right in thinking things like the Rogaine foam are only useful on the top of the scalp, like the top toward the back? For balding there?

Is there anything out there targetting receding hair lines?

It's strange. I have such thick thick hair everywhere, but my hairline is a receding one.. it's not so bad at the moment, but I worry where it may go in the future!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

As far as I know Regaine can help a frontal receeding hairline...but works best at the back...

Incidentaly I saw Nourkrin in Boots today...It's obviously old stock

I think Regaine and Rogaine are the same thing, I think Regaine might just be the European name. The minoxidil is pretty much all the same though and 5% for each.

Rogaine Foam works on both crown and temples, its just the clinical trials were done for the crown. Depends what age you are though in terms of whether you want to use liquid Rogaine of the foam.

"Shedding" (when your hair sheds to allow a new growth cycle when you start the product) is usually a bit more harsh and longer for the foam than the liquid but is generally thought of as the superior product. However if you're quite young maybe go with the liquid because shedding and hairloss always attack the hair a lot stronger the younger you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

My gf used a free sample of crescina and it burntthe skin on her scalp, ears, neck, forehead etc. I would advise against trying it so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jr25

hi does anyone know of the best place to buy the foam and how much it is?

www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk is what I use.

Rogaine 5% Foam is £40 for a 4 month supply, but the 5% liquid is £35 for 6 months. The difference in application is that the Foam dries quicker and thus more manageable but both are the same strength, just one is liquid and one is foam.

BUT if I were you I would stick with the Liquid as I've switched back myself from the Foam after using it for 9 months. Suffice to say, perhaps its the ingredients of the foam but it was far too powerful and ate at my hairline. On every forum people are wondering why it isnt working and taking their hair and the experienced guys are saying, it takes at least a year to kick in.

From my experience the liquid take a few months to kick in and despite the messiness it can cause with longer hair, its much better and cheaper than the foam. Again, its up to you but you need a lot of patience and gritted teeth to survive on the foam methinks

• Advertisement
Advertisement