Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modeselektor-a-likes

Options
  • 11-02-2008 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up Happy Birthday this weekend and was blown away. I need to get some substantial bass in my set up. Anyway, what genre would this fall under and where can I get stuff like it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Minimalist vocal cheeze perhaps ?

I can also suggest, "congratulations" perhaps it would be up your alley (dont confuse it with "celebrate!" which is utter tripe in comparison but some people get confused because of the chorus) ? Also look out for versions of "row row your boat" although beware there are some really bad copies doing the rounds.

regards your bass issue..

unfortunatly depending on the remix .. most versions don't have much bass to offer unless you crank it up to +30db, but generally I would try remixing it with some ABBA basslines for some Flava and less loss of vocals.

Hope it helps with your quest to better your carreer as a musical god - we're rooting for you:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Siriusmo and maybe TTC

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Siriusmo and maybe TTC

Cheers for not being an utter c*nt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gerry99

i would tend 2 class modeselektor as a form of electro\techno altho i hav heard them play very minimal sets !!! i recently downloaded modeselektor live in berlin and i would strongly recommend it 2 u !!! u can get it easy on mininova or piratebay !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

gerry99 wrote: »
    i would tend 2 class modeselektor as a form of electro\techno altho i hav heard them play very minimal sets !!! i recently downloaded modeselektor live in berlin and i would strongly recommend it 2 u !!! u can get it easy on mininova or piratebay !!!

uh oh

• Advertisement
Advertisement