Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise and opinion on partial dental clearance

Options
  • 10-02-2008 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

My sister who is fifty is thinking of getting a partial dental clearance of eight upper teeth. Firstly let me say that as children we all got good dental care and my brother and I have only a few fillings. My mother was very strict re sweets and teeth cleaning etc. However my sister had to have a brace, the wire one on a plate and had it for three years. She has apparently a narrow bridge, whatever that means and at that time had three teeth removed. By the time she was 22 she had had eleven fillings and a wisdom extracted as well.
    To summarize over the past few years, she has had two failed root canals, two successful ones, two abscess, four extractions, two dry sockets,two temp crowns and has been very sick with teeth. She has very good front upper teeth,seven in total without fillings and she is at the end or her tether. She is seriously considering just getting all the top back teeth out and getting a denture. She can't afford implants, would not ever consider going abroad for treatment as she knows that her mouth is difficult and yes she has more trust in her Irish dentist. She is tired of pain and discomfort and has taken at least five antibiotics in the past six months.
    Our parents have had dentures since they were young and are hale and hearty and she says now that at this stage freedom from pain etc is what she wants.
    Any thoughts and advise welcomed..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Bethany

Adverts | Friends

Advise and opinion on partial dental clearance
    My sister who is fifty is thinking of getting a partial dental clearance of eight upper teeth. Firstly let me say that as children we all got good dental care and my brother and I have only a few fillings. My mother was very strict re sweets and teeth cleaning etc. However my sister had to have a brace, the wire one on a plate and had it for three years. She has apparently a narrow bridge, whatever that means and at that time had three teeth removed. By the time she was 22 she had had eleven fillings and a wisdom extracted as well.
    To summarize over the past few years, she has had two failed root canals, two successful ones, two abscess, four extractions, two dry sockets,two temp crowns and has been very sick with teeth. She has very good front upper teeth,seven in total without fillings and she is at the end or her tether. She is seriously considering just getting all the top back teeth out and getting a denture. She can't afford implants, would not ever consider going abroad for treatment as she knows that her mouth is difficult and yes she has more trust in her Irish dentist. She is tired of pain and discomfort and has taken at least five antibiotics in the past six months.
    Our parents have had dentures since they were young and are hale and hearty and she says now that at this stage freedom from pain etc is what she wants.
    Any thoughts and advise welcomed..
    Bethany is online now Report Post Reply With Quote

Advertisement