Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Shock Doctrine

Options
  • 10-02-2008 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

I've been reading this book for a week or two now, by Naomi Klein, It poses some very scary aspects of events. I'm just curious if anyone else has done any major study of the "Chicago School Economists" and if this book is as horrifically true as it appears, Are there any further examples underway that haven't been exposed yet, and what will the implications be for the future of the global economy ???

btw. I did not go into this blind, I have a basic grasp of Macro and Micro economics a la Leaving cert B1, Friedman was part of that study, and even then the cracks were evident. I have read a few books since by Fintan O'Toole (Post Washington, After the Ball, Meanwhile back at the ranch) Peter Singer (One World, The president of Good and evil) Craig Unger (House of Bush House of Saud) the above are of some relevance to economic policies and fallout from decisions.

I'm not finished the book yet, but as far as I can see the implications are vast, and it makes the nature of the IMF the Federal Reserve and the World Bank very clear and as organizations their power can spread misery into the lives of any population attempting to defy them,

Basically WTF:confused::mad::(

Comments

Conspiracy Theories would be better....... or maybe Steorn.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

I would read Joseph Stiglitz's 'Globalisation & Its Discontents' for further reading on the topic of the IMF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Zaraba, if you understand the people, economics and institutions involved in the Shock Doctrine, could you give a detailed explanation why you cry 'Bullsh1t!' I mean that's what I took your conspiracy theory shout to mean - unless you're saying that there's a conspiracy somewhere ?! Could you clarify and expand, please?

Advertisement