Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Mail Help

Options
  • 09-02-2008 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi there,

Not sure if this is in the right forum but Ive tried all the Eircom help and tutorials and no surprise they were no use.
    Anyway, I was hit with a load of spam emails earlier in the week which are undeletable. One of them is 1146mbs which is blocking me from checking my mail due to the mail quota.

When I delete them they remain in the inbox yet when I click into it, it says that the message has been deleted and no longer exists.
    The email from 1518 below is the main problem one. I havent a clue what to do about it and I'm locked out of my email account.

eircom1hz3.png
    eircom2mz1.png

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Well no this isn't really the right forum. Although I'm not quite sure where this topic might fit in.

As near as I can tell; it appears that only someone with access to the mail server would be able to help you... i.e. someone who works for eircom.

My recommendation is for you to scrap you eircom.net account and choose one of the bigger webmail providers who also happen to have much more robust spam and virus filtering.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Don't know your level of skills but you could/ I would try: http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/pop3telnet.htm. Least that way you are in direct communication with the server rather than going through the web interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Don't know your level of skills but you could/ I would try: http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/pop3telnet.htm. Least that way you are in direct communication with the server rather than going through the web interface.

From what I remember about the eircom webmail - once a message is displayed in the web interface, it isn't available through POP3.

OP - stupid question, but you've clicked the "Empty Trash" button?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lennie353

Yeah, it's empty.

Dont know what to do, I have an important password change email which I cant access and it cant be sent to another address.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Try accessing your email using www.mail2web.com?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lennie353

Edser wrote: »
    Try accessing your email using www.mail2web.com?

Success!

Thanks for your help. :)

Advertisement