Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

php forum

Options
  • 08-02-2008 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

im looking for a free forum software
    im designing a php website at the moment and i want a forum as part of it.
    is there any free forum software out there thats easy to setup and that will aos make use of an exiting set of login details which i will have built up through another part of the website im building.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

There's one called PHPBB that's very popular:
    http://www.phpbb.com/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

PHPBB is very good, very full featured, free, and very easy to set up. I'm not sure if it can re-use your existing login details, but it's open source so either you can change what it uses or change what you use to suit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 drude_2002

The easiest solution is to find a webhost that uses cpanel, i personally use letshost.ie, cpanel will have an option to automatically install phpbb and it will have phpmyadmin to import a previous database of users.

Advertisement