Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 weeks off -- cough

Options
  • 08-02-2008 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭

I'm 3 weeks of the smokes , i havn't had a cold for 3 years , feal miserable now , sore throat , loads of coughing , is this normal , for 3 weeks off, how long does this cold last for ? -- still want to stay off them but not seeing the benefits yet .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Archeron

When I stopped smoking my cough was horrendous. I honestly thought I would wake the neighbours at night with it. I began to bring up a lot of "material" as well which was an awful dark green and brown color, which I believe was my body being cleared out.

The cough itself lasted about a month, with the last few days of it being the worst, and the loudest. I got a sore throat from coughing, it was that bad.

Dont worry, you're nearly through the nasty bit, and its well worth it when you're through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Just laughing to myself reading about the coughing and after effects that one goes through. I quit smoking on New Years Day this year and for the past 3 weeks i have been coughing my lungs up and still occasionaly get horrible fits of coughing. I do however feel it slowly coming to an end. It is getting slightly embarrassing sometimes but **** it. it's all worth it. The cravings are gone completley it's something that i'm not even thinking about now.

Advertisement