Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glorious Weekend

Options
  • 08-02-2008 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Hey just thought i'd start this thread to highlight that this weekend is going to feel like late April/early May.

Saturday and Sunday look as if the soon will be splitting the stones with temperatures of 12-17c.

The far northwest may be abit cloudy on Saturday but for the rest of us it's looking really nice, and will be a nice taster for the upcoming Spring and Summer ;)

Some midland locations could tip 17c.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thats ridicously high for February!! sounds good to me tho, i need some dry days. I'd rather this any day than damp wet muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm a sceptic about this, the weather down here is stubbonly overcast and dank.

Miek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm a sceptic about this, the weather down here is stubbonly overcast and dank.

Miek.

Yep i agree. Its been dull and damp and overcast here in Waterford all this weekend :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Today is nothing like yesterday. Easterly has a chill to it, prob 4c cooler and cloud cover here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I think Monday and Tuesday might be slightly less cloudy, should be a real nice week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭squonk

Looking really nice this morning. I have to say I'd give up any more snow chances for a long run of this. Admittedly I've got no snow in my location so it's not a big loss for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Anyone find the temp difference between Casement and Dublin Airport unusual? It's still zero at Casement at 10am yet +7C at Dublin Airport. Amazing the difference just a few miles away. Surprised it's that mild at the airport though as out by Clonsilla, the cars are still covered in ice and ground frosted

LATEST IRISH WEATHER REPORTS
    ON 11-FEB-2008 for 10:00
    </SPAN>Location</SPAN>Wind</SPAN></SPAN>Weather</SPAN>Temp</SPAN>Humidity</SPAN>Rain</SPAN>Pressure</SPAN> Dir Speed(Kts) oC (%) (mm) (hPa)
    </SPAN>BELMULLET CALM FINE 5 92 0.0 1026 </B></SPAN>BIRR(P) S 11 - n/a - 7 90 0.0 1029 </B></SPAN>CASEMENT CALM MIST 0 84 Trace 1031 </B></SPAN>CLAREMORRIS(A) SE 06 - n/a - 5 93 0.0 1029 </B></SPAN>CLONES(P) SE 04 MIST 5 99 0.0 1030 </B></SPAN>CORK AIRPORT SE 10 MIST 8 96 0.0 1029 </B></SPAN>DUBLIN AIRPORT SE 07 MIST 7 88 0.0 1030</B>

Foggy start now sunny. :)

Mike.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Maybe this is our summer for 2008. It was in April last year. Seems to be getting earlier and earlier every year!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

feels like the first summer day alright, infact today was nicer and felt milder than most days last June and July!

Advertisement