Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for best Classical downloading site public domain or subscription

Options
  • 07-02-2008 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for best Classical downloading site public domain or subscription. Trying to get
    Antonio Caldara Maddalena ai piedi di Cristo. (Not interested in Midi stuff)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Just a gentle reminder folks that all recommendations should be legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Just a gentle reminder folks that all recommendations should be legal.
    I clarified my request, I dont download illegally. Much of the classical music availible on the net is of public domain ie no one can claim ownership of the song, therefore public domain songs may be used by anyone. Sound recordings, however, are protected separately from musical compositions. Some concert recordings are availible FOC legally on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

The Piano Society does some good stuff, as does the Jerusalem Music Centre.

If you're looking for professional recordings, then I can't help. But YouTube is a good place to start.

You could also try this thread on another forum I post on.

For various others, though it doesn't just do classical, you could try this blog.

'fraid I can't give you any help on the specific piece.

Advertisement