Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self build kitchen

Options
  • 07-02-2008 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Having had several quotes for a new kitchen that are way over the budget I'm now seriously thinking of making my own.

I would consider myself to be "reasonably" handy, the only tool I don't have is a panel saw... might be able to get someone to do this part for me though.

Anyone done this? any advice, links etc would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

Oilrig wrote: »
    Hi all,

Having had several quotes for a new kitchen that are way over the budget I'm now seriously thinking of making my own.
    Cheers

I would take your time before you make a final decision. I had a new kitchen fitted before chrismas and i took the old one out so it was ready the next day, it did cross my mind when i saw the space and started to think how easy it was, but i left to the professionals and it was the right decision.

If you are serious about this what i would suggest is that if you buy your kitchen already made from the company, because it all comes ready made as you know and its just about putting it together and fitting it in yourself, you would save around €600. I was talking to the person who fitted mine and he was telling me he works for himself and not the company i bought the kitchen from, he said all companys did the same. I wasnt sure to believe me him at first but after he saw the design on the computer and i gave him the measurements he could see flaws in the design and the measurements taken, he wasnt to happy as it but did a great job.

Advertisement