Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$6 Million Home Theatre

Options
  • 07-02-2008 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

It upscales Blu-Ray and HD-DVD to their native 4k resolution!

Link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Wow , some setup , in a way youve got to admire the dedication/obsession that takes a hobby this far , I would dearly love to see and hear that setup , but to be honest , 6 million on a home theatre , ..... I cant get my head around that....I suppose if you have the spare cash lying around why not.

4K is the future of cinema , I saw spiderman 3 in Singapore this year in a 4K equipped theater , it was stunning ,( bad movie , brilliant setup ) I would imagine most cinemas will have this capability before long , and when 4K becomes the norm for Cinemas it will start filtering down into home entertainment systems , Blu-ray has the capabilities to hold content of this resolution on future multilayer discs. ( I would say the single most important reason that the movie studios are behind this format now almost exclusively )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

D'uh! $6m??

Where's the popcorn and the Coke/beer holder? Not a cooler in sight.

I'll stick with my humble recliner, 42" Panny and 5.1, thank you very much!

:)

Advertisement