Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooker Hood Wiring???

Options
  • 07-02-2008 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

I got a cooker hood and want to know is it ok to just put a normal plug on the end of the two wires and connect it to a socket as normal????? The instructions provided we very vague. thank

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

Should be fine, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Would prefer not to chance it, say christmas day when all the rings on your hood are being used wshat type of load will there be??????

Thats why the regs say 6sq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Electric cookers are protected to at least 30 amps so you should be grand. (max 7.2kw consumption I think)

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

What is the current rating on the appliance? Does it give any basic information? Can you provide the make and model and I'll dig up the data-sheet online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

why would a cooker hood need 6 sq. is a cooker hood not just a fan????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

i think people are mixing up a HOB and a hood -the op wants to install a HOOD -simple answer is yes its ok -hoods nowadays are double insulated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

imo when hoods are plugged in to a high level socket it looks a bit ugly. ied use a fused spur, maybe a stainless steel flat plate like from heratige or bg. either that or move the socket in behind the cowl where it cant be seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Titainus

yes is perfectly safe to put a plug on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Thank guys, was also asking an electrician in work today and he said it was fine.

Advertisement