Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone any info for me?

Options
  • 07-02-2008 3:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

Hey all

I am looking at a 37 inch flat screen tv made by "acoustic sounds"

Do any boardsies have any acoustic sounds products? If anyone has any tellys by them what are they like quality wise?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

OK , heres the situation with regard to flat screens ,

They are a relatively new technology ,

All manufacturers are not the same , far from it , some are absolutely terrible , flat screens have not got to the stage yet where there is a good basic standard .

The upshot of this , is you have to stick with the main brands for a good TV.

Any Acoustic sounds TV ( or any acoustic sounds product full stop ! ) that Ive seen so far have been very very poor , and I personally would have to advise you to look elsewhere ,

For budget models , look at Samsung ( not all models either , only the latest ) some LG , or pretty much any Panasonic.

Sony are very hit and miss with only the latest sets being up to scratch.

Stick with Panasonic for a very good set , you wont hear many people complain about them and there are some great deals to be had.

Another thing , I wouldnt buy a flat screen without seeing it in action first , buying online is fine , just go to a high street shop and have a look at the model before you commit , ask to see some football on it in SD ( standard definition ) and check for movement blur , the best sets can handle this fine , the poor ones are unwatchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

So thats the reason there is like 100 quid difference between the acoustic one and the lg one, cheers man

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Panasonic are pretty sweet alright :)

Advertisement