Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance and Landlord

Options
  • 06-02-2008 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi All,
    Just wonder if you know anything about it... Im on a rent allowance for over a year now, now the landlord want me to pay him a extra 50eur a month, do i have to tell the social welfare about that? if i did,they can put alittle extra??

hope your guys have an answer.
    Cheers!

Johnny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

If you want to receive an increase in your rent allowance you will have resubmit the application forms for the CWO to approve. They have limits and guidelines and your rent must not go over that amount or they can ask you to look for more suitable accommodation. Though E50 a month doesnt seem too bad a rise imo.

If you visit /phone you CWO they will be able to tell you beforehand how much,if any of any increase you will get.

Hi Johnny
    It would be advisable not to identify yourself when you ring the CWO. Find out first what the maximum amount of rent you're allowed to pay is. If your new rent is say, over 120 a week for a single person in Kildare, for example, they won't pay anything at all towards it because you'll be "over the capping level"... Don't know of many places that are under the capping levels but somehow people manage to get landlords to fill in forms saying they are..

Advertisement