Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile SIM 99c with at least €7.50 free call credit.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

jayzus! thats awfully cheap! what network are they using? Like Vodafone and o2 are the the only networks in Ireland, other companies use their hardware for reception like. Great rates though!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

O2 were giving out Free Sims at the weekend with €60 Free Credit.

€7.50 is a bit tight I think. No??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

DILLIGAF wrote: »
    jayzus! thats awfully cheap! what network are they using? Like Vodafone and o2 are the the only networks in Ireland, other companies use their hardware for reception like. Great rates though!

That's like totally like you know like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

dublad23 wrote: »
    O2 were giving out Free Sims at the weekend with €60 Free Credit.

€7.50 is a bit tight I think. No??

well u generally need to top up by at least 20 a month to get the free credit with o2 so if teh 7.50 is actually free then it ain't that bad really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

what network are they using?

O2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

How about poor ol' meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

You can use the new number on the SIM or port your full number over to Tesco Mobile. Meteor's Anytime Plus rate is the same at 20c per min for calls and 9c for texts, the only difference is Tesco charge for Voicemail (20c per min) and calling Customer Care (30c per call.) Also Tesco don't have Meteor's special offers when you top-up by €20, like Free Meteor Texts or 5c/min Meteor Calls. Instead they have bundles you can buy for €5/€12 that give unlimited free calls and texts, to other Tesco Mobile customers, plus free voicemail, for 10/30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

sharkDawg wrote: »
    How about poor ol' meteor?
    Let's not forget Three :)

Just found out Tesco Mobile have a minimum call charge of 1 minute (usually 20c) for every call .... and all free call credit is only valid for 30 days. Although there seems to be no top-up requirement to stay connected, only using the phone over 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Anyone know if u can send free texts from Tesco website the same was as Vodafone and O2?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

lol. thanks, just ordered 4 of them there.

madmoe wrote: »
    Anyone know if u can send free texts from Tesco website the same was as Vodafone and O2?

No, sorry, there's no freebie web texts, that's a pity. :(

You can get €10 extra credit by sending them an old SIM. Also there's a form in every pack to refer a friend who'll get a free SIM, so there's no need to buy two. After you use the credit you could skip over to Meatier for €50 free credit (with top-up), or Voda for €80 free credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

yeh like totaly cool lile if you know what i mean...

culchies.... pfft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Oracle wrote: »
    Just found out Tesco Mobile have a minimum call charge of 1 minute (usually 20c) for every call

All the operators charge by the minute here, so if you talk for 1 min 1 sec, you get charged for 2 minutes. It was in the news only a week or two ago, and I don't think the situation has changed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Oracle wrote: »
    Just found out Tesco Mobile have a minimum call charge of 1 minute (usually 20c) for every call .... and all free call credit is only valid for 30 days. Although there seems to be no top-up requirement to stay connected, only using the phone over 12 months.
    jor el wrote: »
    All the operators charge by the minute here, so if you talk for 1 min 1 sec, you get charged for 2 minutes. It was in the news only a week or two ago, and I don't think the situation has changed yet.

Tesco have never charged solely by the minute, but charge 20c minimum for the first minute and then it is per second after that. So 1 minute, 1 second would cost 20 cent (possibly 21).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

so u can buy these , use them on a sim free phone and throw em away ?
    like burners?

im a gonna be on the wire show? awesome

Placebo wrote: »
    so u can buy these , use them on a sim free phone and throw em away ?
    like burners?

Sure, why not kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

think ill stick with meteor

to be 089 though....
    beats ur average 086 087 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

tuxy wrote: »
    That's like totally like you know like?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Just ordered 10. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Arrived today, ordered last Thursday evening. funny think is it came royal mail airsure. didn't have to sign for it though

Nope, they are all sent by Royal Mail from the UK.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Just ordered 10. :)

Good for you! :eek: Just remember the free credit's only valid for 30 days.

30 days from activation, I take it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

30 days from activation, I take it?

Yes. But the €2.50 from the monthly €20 top-up is based on calender months.

Nope, they are all sent by Royal Mail from the UK.

Just taught it was funny since Tesco mobile Ireland address is dun laoghaire

Yes it's probably from SIM activation for the €2.50, and from the date of registration, receipt of the old sim or top-up for the remainder. So I suppose if you staggered these you could delay the expiry of the credit. I haven't seen this on the Tesco Mobile web site, but a leaflet in the SIM pack says:
    Free Credit for joining Tesco Mobile - terms and conditions

7. All your free credit is valid for 30 days and your phone usage will be deducted from this credit before your purchased Top Up credit is deducted. If you do not use your free credit within 30 days of receiving it, it may expire.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Got my 4 today, had to pop down to the sorting office to collect them. Sent recorded delivery from Blighty.
    tested them out, ie: sent to my friends "bet ya never got a text from an 089 number" :)
    Sad ****er I am.
    The cases the sim cards also make for excellent DVD covers if you burn a lot like me.
    Also, each sim card is absolutely FULL of literature, at least 12 booklets of stuff.

I took delivery of 10 this morning, all consecitive numbers. Along with my free o2 ones I could open a phone shop soon.

• Advertisement

I took delivery of 10 this morning, all consecitive numbers. Along with my free o2 ones I could open a phone shop soon.

Haha selling free SIM cards? :D

Best of luck with the venture!

Advertisement