Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Games

Options
  • 06-02-2008 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

This may be a stupid question to some but is there any good online games out there (the likes of LotR and SW Galaxies) that you dont have to p2p, just buy the game?

Thanks
    Wierdal

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

wierdal wrote: »
    This may be a stupid question to some but is there any good online games out there (the likes of LotR and SW Galaxies) that you dont have to p2p, just buy the game?

Thanks
    Wierdal

Guild Wars and it's expansions.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭wierdal

DO many people still play gild wars i mean is it worth my while buying it??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

wierdal wrote: »
    DO many people still play gild wars i mean is it worth my while buying it??

Can't find any current figures, but they did sell 4.5 million copies, so there's bound to be a few players around.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

yeah thats the only one i can think of..but theres loads of fully free mmo's out that you just download..and have the optional abilitie to buy stuff in game which is how they make there money..although there not really worth it for loads of reasons..

also guild wars i hear is nearly all instanced? so it probably wont be much of an mmo where you see everyone doing there own stuff walking around..although ive never played it so not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Ultima Online free servers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 scorps101

tbh i cant imaging finding a really decent one witought paying the 15e a month, have played both swg and wow for the last 6 years, in swg i was one in a dozen to have a jedi character and they really messed the game up, in wow i got to rank 13 and they ballsed that up too.

Wow aka world of warcraft is prob the best bang for 15euro atm, if u dont have a credit card you can pay upfront bye buying a prepaid card from game.

if your going to waste all your time playing a mmorpg might aswell pay for the best, thats just my opinion btw.

havnt tried lotr or conan or everquest, no point wow is just too addictive:(

i suppose its too late to start playin them now though?? just wait for the next one??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

haha of course not, in wow theres hundreds of realms/servers and they say what the population is like in the server list. there is hundreds of low level players on every realm, a lot of which are alts belonging to players that already have level 70 toons.

if ur gonna go for wow then for a first carachter i recommend playing a hunter. cough* HORDE *cough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

thats what i am :)
    yeah i tought that it'd be too late to start but it aint..loads of low leveler's..

but if you can you could wait for age of conan or warhammer this year to start off with everyone

ok thanks everyone might give conan a try when its out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 scorps101

not to late for wow, the new expansion will be out this year (i think), meaning every1 will be back to scratch armour/weapons wise.

i want to avoid wow tbh id be more into swg or LotR

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Mmm Ultima Online you say :D
    Is there anybody here that plays it?

I'd love to have a hard copy of the game, for collection purpuses. Anybody knows a suitable shop where they might sell it? It doesnt seem to be popular in Ireland :(

I still play it on the free servers.

Dont think me or my mate have any physical copies of it left. Not the CD anyhow.

Seen a game time card for 40.00 dollars on holiday last week for it.
    It was some really old battered box for UOGold, but had a label stuck on it to say that it was actually for game time.
    The box was in ****e lol.

Lolz found some stuff on e bay, apparently they have action figures for ultima characters.. tempting anyway :D

Also have seen this e-books with how to be super-mega rich in uo.. ever came accros them?

Well on the freeservers running the RunUO emulator, there are a number of bugs.
    But legally, its easy. Its just mindless farming.

The PvP in the game fcking excellent though.

Totaly agree with you on that one. Have been playing on freeshards for couple of years now, btw are you on osi style freeshard or "sphere"(cant remember if thats the name of it)one ?

I play on Defiance AOS.

Ive been on the Defiance shards forever and am well established there.

Its a publish 25 based server. No SE or ML bull****.

Best era for balanced PvP.

Advertisement