Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating new TomTom ONE

Options
  • 06-02-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi just got new TomTom V3 and going about doing new updates.
    It says there is a new map of western europe( size:874.5mb & version 715) and that i have to delete 858.7mb of space.
    My problem is that the old map of western europe( version 705.1485) is larger i.e 928.4mb.
    Is this normal?
    Should i go ahead delete it and download newer version?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭MickH503

FURBALL18 wrote: »
    Hi just got new TomTom V3 and going about doing new updates.
    It says there is a new map of western europe( size:874.5mb & version 715) and that i have to delete 858.7mb of space.
    My problem is that the old map of western europe( version 705.1485) is larger i.e 928.4mb.
    Is this normal?
    Should i go ahead delete it and download newer version?

Make a backup before you do anything else. You can do this from inside TomTom Home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

Just to be safe - Do a second backup:
    I found that doing a backup from Tomtom Home took forever and didn't look too kosher to me.
    To be super safe: basically just copy EVERYTHING on the TomTom and copy it to a folder on your PC - keep the directory structure exactly the same. Thus if you ever need to do a restore just delete everything off the Tomtom and copy back your backed up folder.

my 100th post :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭MickH503

buildabong wrote: »
    Just to be safe - Do a second backup:
    I found that doing a backup from Tomtom Home took forever and didn't look too kosher to me.
    To be super safe: basically just copy EVERYTHING on the TomTom and copy it to a folder on your PC - keep the directory structure exactly the same. Thus if you ever need to do a restore just delete everything off the Tomtom and copy back your backed up folder.

my 100th post :D:D:D

Very good idea ... to be sure to be sure and all that!!

Just noticed this is my 101th (or is it 101st) post!:D

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

BACKUP , BACKUP ! Otherwise your shagged if anything happens .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ya the backup option of the TomTom takes forever

do a complete copy of the TT to your pc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭duleekboy

is it just me or is their software totally f****ked

takes about 2 minutes to load sometimes doesnt then if it does

i cant update anything keeps saying no internet or i have chosen to cancel???

using the latest software from their site

anyone know where i can download earlier less flaky versions of this software?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sp1derman78

If thats version 2.3 released yesterday then you should try again as quite a few people where experiencimg connectivity issues. Probably a lot of people all updating at the same time yesterday with v2.3 being released.

Advertisement