Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.4 patch info

Options
  • 06-02-2008 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=9c80122b5bfa16c91eb692495f8f8bab&topic=4018.0

Quote:

(1) - 03 February update.

General

* Characters will now retain talented spell ranks so when they retalent they do not have to relearn the spells from trainers. (Source)
    * Spell Haste: Spell haste now reduces the global cooldown on spells, down to a minimum of 1 second. This change does not apply to melee and ranged abilities. (Source)
    * Patch 2.4 will remove the restriction for Ritual of Summoning that prevents you from summoning players into instances. Provided the player meets the instance requirements, you'll be able to summon them in from anywhere in the world. (Source)

World

* (1) Summoning restrictions in Netherstorm have been lifted. (Source - Elitistjerks)

Items

* Once every 24 hours, through Enchanting (not Alchemy) you'll be able to split a Void Crystal into two Large Prismatic Shards. This is through a new recipe that's being added in 2.4. (Source)
    * Gems obtained through Heroic difficulty instances are no longer Unique-equipped. (Source)
    * Players will now be able to purchase level 70 Superior quality (blue) PvP items from reputation vendors in Outland. (Source)
    * Items intended for Retribution Paladins have had their stats adjusted. Retribution Paladins should see an increase in dps as a result. (Source)
    * Players can now only carry 80 Conjured Manna Biscuits at a time. (Source)

PvP
    Arenas

* Shadow Sight in patch 2.4 is now going to increase damage taken by 5% rather than dealing damage over time. The duration has also been reduced from 21 seconds to 15 seconds. (Source)

PvP

* Players will now be able to purchase level 70 Superior quality (blue) PvP items from reputation vendors in Outland. (Source)
    * We've reached a point where we're now confident that applying diminishing returns to honor is no longer necessary, and we're currently planning to remove it with the 2.4 patch. (Source)
    * Players that have the resurrection sickness debuff will not be worth any honor, and if a player dies 50 times or more during a battleground they won’t be worth any honor for the remainder of that battle. (Source)
    * What the removal of diminishing returns means for you is that as soon as you defeat an opponent that rewards you honor, you will receive that honor, and you will be able to spend it right then. There will no longer be an estimate, and you will no longer need to wait until the next day until you can actually spend it. Your achievements through honor-based PvP will be instantaneous. (Source)

Dungeons and Raids

* All 25-player raid bosses that drop set tokens will now drop an additional token! (Source)
    * All 25-player raid bosses will drop more gold. (Source)
    * Gems obtained through Heroic difficulty instances are no longer Unique-equipped. (Source)
    * Loot dropped by Doomlord Kazzak and Doomwalker has been changed to Bind on Equip. In addition, the cash dropped by these bosses has been significantly increased. (Source)
    * Scale of the Sands reputation will now be awarded in Hyjal at a much higher rate. (Source)

Professions

* A new daily quest will be added for fishing. It's available from "the mysterious old man" near Silmyr Lake outside of Shattrath. (Source)

Interface

* (1) GM messages now appear with a Blizzard icon near their name. (Source)
    * (1) The profession UI search field has been improved and now allows for searching of more types of things. For instance you can search for items by socket color, by effect ("Critical Strike" for instance) or search gems by their effect ("Strength" for instance). In addition, the searching of items by level has been made more intuitive. You can now search for items by level with "15-20" to search for items that you can make that have a minimum level required of 15 to 20. (Source)
    * When you loot a Bind on Pickup item that only you can pick up (such as Heroic Badges) you'll no longer see the confirmation dialog. (Source)
    * When you loot a Bind of Pickup item the confirmation window is going to list the name of the item in the window/ (Source)

Druid

* The Feral bears will be seeing an improvement with Lacerate dealing additional damage based on your attack power. (Source)

Hunter

Mage

* Spellsteal will no longer overwrite a longer duration buff. (Source)
    * Players can now only carry 80 Conjured Manna Biscuits at a time. (Source)

Paladin

* Items intended for Retribution Paladins have had their stats adjusted. Retribution Paladins should see an increase in dps as a result.

Priest

* Priests will now be able to use Fear Ward while in Shadow Form. (Source)

Rogue

Shaman

* Healing grace will reduce the chance that all of your spells will be dispelled by 10/20/30%. (Source)

Warlock

* Patch 2.4 will remove the restriction for Ritual of Summoning that prevents you from summoning players into instances. Provided the player meets the instance requirements, you'll be able to summon them in from anywhere in the world. (Source)

Warrior

* Endless rage will now yields the correct amount of rage (25%). (Source)
    * Off-hand weapon can now critical hits from Whirlwind trigger Flurry and Rampage (Source)

Dungeons and Raids
    * All 25- player raid bosses that drop set tokens will now drop an additional token!
    * Gems obtained through Heroic difficulty instances are no longer Unique-equipped.
    * Loot dropped by Doomlord Kazzak and Doomwalker has been changed to Bind on Equip. In addition, the cash dropped by these bosses has been significantly increased.
    * Scale of the Sands reputation will now be awarded in Hyjal at a much higher rate.

Much more, follow the link. Looks VERY interesting.

Maybe you will get those tokens now kirby :D

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

[qoute]
    * What the removal of diminishing returns means for you is that as soon as you defeat an opponent that rewards you honor, you will receive that honor, and you will be able to spend it right then. There will no longer be an estimate, and you will no longer need to wait until the next day until you can actually spend it. Your achievements through honor-based PvP will be instantaneous. (Source)[/quote]
    any one else that is gonna bring back honour farming? like mid field in WSG and AV? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

splinter wrote: »
    any one else that is gonna bring back honour farming? like mid field in WSG and AV? :(

They never went away, at least not in my battlegroup anyway :(. Something to try (if you're bg leader) is to put raid markings over the heads of people who honor farm. It really annoys them and sometimes they even leave the bg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Price of coid crystals used to be <20g, after those notes were released they have now doubled in price :eek:

Im only upset because i wish i thought of it first :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I can imagine Bgs being a total mess. In WSG currently there only seems maybe half of the players actively trying to win, the other half is just farming. I'll be honest when this comes about I will start exclusively farming because there would be no reason to try and win when you would get more honor by just killing.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Great, now WSG can suck more than it already did.

Seriously, the change with 3 tokens from each tier-dropping boss is fantastic. My guild has progressed very quickly in SSC and TK, and we killed Vashj with only about 10 members of the raid having *any* T5 pieces (nobody had more than 2 pieces). Given that prot pally T5 is very well suited to Hyjal, I'd like a shot at more than 1-2 pieces, and we're starting work on Kael in the next week or two...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

I can imagine Bgs being a total mess. In WSG currently there only seems maybe half of the players actively trying to win, the other half is just farming. I'll be honest when this comes about I will start exclusively farming because there would be no reason to try and win when you would get more honor by just killing.

i think games may actaully end up being shorter for some strange reason due to more honour for kills. People may ignore Flag carriers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Dr_MaSoN wrote: »
    i think games may actaully end up being shorter for some strange reason due to more honour for kills. People may ignore Flag carriers ;)
    That is a fair point and I see where your coming from but you must agree with me that changing it doesn't seem like a good idea overall.
    In my opinion it would be a better idea to take the honor you get from killing other players away in battlegrounds and give more bonus honor instead, that way there would be more incentive to play the game the way its ment to be played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

omg some absolutly awesome things in this patch, summon players into instance from anywhere :o an extra tier token!!! the spell haste is also deadly. the removing of uniqueness from gems is also amazing. when is it coming does anyone know?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Psycopat wrote: »
    omg some absolutly awesome things in this patch, summon players into instance from anywhere :o an extra tier token!!! the spell haste is also deadly. the removing of uniqueness from gems is also amazing. when is it coming does anyone know?
    ssh, your a warrior now... your warlock is no more... sublime have taken you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Damn no dual weild for crossbow. No pewpew for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

splinter wrote: »
    ssh, your a warrior now... your warlock is no more... sublime have taken you ;)

but now burt can summon me directly to SSC when im in Org :eek:

Advertisement