Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection problems

Options
  • 06-02-2008 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

It was my birthday recently and a friend got me a philips SPA2600 5.1 surround system. It looks great and I was really looking forward to trying it but when I unpacked it I discovered that it requires 3 inputs to operate. One for the sub and centre, one for the front speakers and one for the back set. They're just regular jacks, like you would get on a set of headphones.
    Thing is all the devices I would possibly use with it have only one output. Is there anyone who has experience with a set like this? Is there anyway to connect all the cables to one output?

Click here to see the set.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Thats just a PC speaker setup , the only inputs it has are for the outputs of a PC soundcard.

Thats all your going to be able to connect to these.

If you want surround from say , a DVD player / xbox /ps3 / you need to get an amp plus speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Aha! What a blonde moment that was. Seeing as I only have a laptop I guess these are pretty useless to me at the moment.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

...unless of course your laptop can play DVDs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 joemeighan

hi there it can still work with a bit of work cut the wire take off the connecting and put on phono connecting get these leads at any music shop/currys pc world etc, cheap aswell each wire comes with two wire white and red or black and red connect the same colours on the other leads and thats it/ on the input of your speakers it will have l/r input and use l/r out from dvd player this will get your sound but not full but give me shout if can do this best of luck:D:D:D

Advertisement