Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local History Books

Options
  • 05-02-2008 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Could someone recommend some Co Cavan local history books please? I have one book called Drumkilly - From Ardkill Mountain to Kilderry Hill but I'm looking for some on the Cootehill area?

Many thanks!

:)

PS. I'm interested in gravestone inscriptions. Are these available at Cavan County Library or only at the Cavan IGP Centre?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

There is plenty of books in the cavan Library for what your looking for im Sure.....Go in and ask what your looking for cause i remember looking For a book In engineering and It was under the Gardening Section:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

i would have thought the best place for gravestone inscriptions would be in a cemetry. ha ha.

no actually serious here if ye can get yourself to kilmore cemetry out the crossdoney road and visit both the cemetries each side of the road youll see some pretty old and interesting headstones.
    go on a nice summers day (if ever there is one).

Advertisement