Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Spa Drainage

Options
  • 05-02-2008 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi all. Im new to this so bear with me if Im annoying!ha!:)

Does anybody know what the requirements for drainage in a Health Spa are? Are you allowed to drain all foulwater into the one tank, even if the foulwater comes from a cafe, a hydro pool, changing areas, toilets? This is what is consisted in this development. Or do you have to separate all?
    The development runs along side a river which probably complicates it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,057 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

its all going into one drain after the tank so why not?
    i don't see how the river could affect it

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Nameless1

yea but as there will be large quantities of water, is it ideal to drain all water to the one tank? what kind of a system would be used? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 loughdergjunkie

Hey

Is it sewered or non sewered development? You mentioned a tank.

I took it as being sewered, if not sewered, then it would most likely need a treatment plant so its similar anyway.

The development is in the countryside so it will have its own treatment plant but due to large amounts of water, is there a certain type of tank/treatment plant required?

• Advertisement

Well, there would have to be an adequet plant to deal with the max load.
    The original question was are you allowed to drain all the foul water yo one tank, yes you are. And normally this is what is done. There are better more advanced ways also, such as grey water recycling.

Any way, for a job as big as the above there should be a professional looking after building services, its not really a question for a forum

Yes I no its not really a question for forum but was just looking for suggestions. thanks neway mellor

Advertisement