Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mags in Fair City

Options
  • 05-02-2008 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

whats the story with mags voice in fair city. It sounds like she suddenly has a speech impediment. anyone else notice that or is it just my imagination.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

New dentures, so my missus says.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I think it's gotta be more than just new dentures. Surely she'd get used to new ones before going on national tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jason09

hi all mags played by joan brosnan has been diagnosed with motor neurone disease about 1 year ago but is slowly starting to lose her voice she leaves carrigstown tommorow night for good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

She is reported to be on The Late Late Show tonight to tell her story. It's sad really

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

It is very sad..hope i don't get this disease

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

Flicked it on when I saw this, thanks
    She is reported to be on The Late Late Show tonight to tell her story. It's sad really

God love her. And her family, must be very hard to see her going through that.
    Seems like a lovely woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭DenMan

She is a lovely woman. Two years ago I was on the set of Fair City and was an AD (Assistant Director in a few of her scenes). She is a very brave woman. Thanks Joan for being patient. :)

God help her, a decent woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Sad stuff.
    Charlie was so upset

/edit/ Not Important. Not on topic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

One very important point that Pat Kenny and all the Fair City cast chose to ignore.

Joan Brosnan Walsh was not the original Mags Kelly. She joined the programme in September 1990 for the second series.
    A different actress played Mags during the 24 episodes shown from September 1989 - April 1990.

Therefore references to her '20 years in Fair City' are wrong.

Fair City has a serious credibility problem when it comes to 'same character, different actor'.

I wish Joan all the best for the future. For the last year she has been the butt of jokes on internet message boards - primarily due to the speech impediment. If her condition was publicised early enough - instead of waiting until now - then all of these unsympathetic comments could have been avoided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    I wish Joan all the best for the future. For the last year she has been the butt of jokes on internet message boards - primarily due to the speech impediment. If her condition was publicised early enough - instead of waiting until now - then all of these unsympathetic comments could have been avoided.

I don't know, nlgbbblth. Surely the way for unsympathetic comments to be avoided is for the people who are making them to stop. Are you really suggesting that the actress should have made her private medical details public to spare us the crassness of others?

I share your good wishes for Joan, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    One very important point that Pat Kenny and all the Fair City cast chose to ignore.

Joan Brosnan Walsh was not the original Mags Kelly. She joined the programme in September 1990 for the second series.
    A different actress played Mags during the 24 episodes shown from September 1989 - April 1990.

Fair City has a serious credibility problem when it comes to 'same character, different actor'.

Jeysus, build a bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

bren2002 wrote: »
    Jeysus, build a bridge.

Get over yourself and don't be so patronising.

Did you honestly think that nobody would notice or comment about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

She may have started filming in 1989, lets not be picky. It is a very sad story, the late late show inteveiw was very sad.

Advertisement