Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adventure Racing Feb 08

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

I entered this race myself...

Really recommend these races to anyone thinking of doing an adventure race - great organising team, and really fun events, caught one of the last series last year, and had a great time - definitely a great way to start adventure racing if you haven't tried it before!

Anyone else that posts here entered?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Enduro

I might, just for fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

Don't think you'd enjoy it, only a 2 day race, and there's breaks and stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

Good stuff good to hear from some competitors. I am contemplating doing a few races this year. I mostly marshalled and helped run them last year but getting fitter so want the challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Causeway

Enduro wrote: »
    I might, just for fun!

Feck. :eek: I almost fell off my chair :)

Who would be your team mate, see some other big guns have already entered, just for fun ;)

It would be good to see you at one of the races.

• Advertisement

Don't think you'd enjoy it, only a 2 day race, and there's breaks and stuff...

:) Funny man!
    It would be good to see you at one of the races.

I'd love to do one. I feel guilty about not having shown my face yet :o. But I strongly encourage everyone I meet to give them a go. I've heard nothing but 100% positive feedback about them.

Who else is giving it a go then.

Don't have a teammate, but would like to do it with someone I haven't raced with before. Ideally, I'd like to use it as an opportunity to "show the ropes" to someone new or newish to the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Causeway

I'd love to do one. I feel guilty about not having shown my face yet :o.

Wouldn't feel guilty but just to rub it in you're missing the craic. :)
    But I strongly encourage everyone I meet to give them a go. I've heard nothing but 100% positive feedback about them.

Thanks for that many others do and say the same so we must be doing something right.
    Who else is giving it a go then.

Check the entry list here you can see all the teams entered in the 1 day event and 2 day event, not as many as we would like to see but then it's early yet.
    Don't have a teammate, but would like to do it with someone I haven't raced with before. Ideally, I'd like to use it as an opportunity to "show the ropes" to someone new or newish to the sport.

That's an excellent idea, after all, we're all trying to get more folks into the sport, which we have all enjoyed for many years now. It's good to see a full range of races in Ireland.

Yup, its great to see the sport growing, and the number and range of races increasing. Your races are playing a great role in all this. Well done!

Team lists are looking interesting. Its good to see so many giving the 2 day a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

I am trying to get a few mates interested in this as I need a partner for the event. I have helped out at the races but never taken part.

Ivan if anyone needs a partner and wont mind a slow partner keep me in mind I will give you a buzz before closing date if I havent got this lot roped into racing. You can see if anyone needs a partner. Has FS got there finger out yet?

Advertisement